B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i saw a link on here where someone made an in cabin filter out of a whole house filter. If so which filter was it (.88 or $12 one?) and what size was it? I'm pretty sure my car takes the filter even though it did not come with one, right? Thanks.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I got some high efficiency filter media for window air conditioner units. It had the dark foam prefilter on one side and the rest of the filter was blue. I just cut it to fit the area and used some plastic mesh to support it. The flow is from top to bottom so the foam side should be facing up. I think that the filter option is the filter element only-but I'm not positive.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Hehe- that cheap S.O.B. was me.
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61013&highlight=cabin+filter
I bought a 3M Pollen & Allergy reducing filter- about $12US ($18CDN) but got 4 filters out of it. I even sold 1 to another former B15'er for $10.
PM me if youneed more details, but I think I've posted how I did it in almost every in cabin air filter thread in the last 2 years ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
audio1der said:
Hehe- that cheap S.O.B. was me.
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61013&highlight=cabin+filter
I bought a 3M Pollen & Allergy reducing filter- about $12US ($18CDN) but got 4 filters out of it. I even sold 1 to another former B15'er for $10.
PM me if youneed more details, but I think I've posted how I did it in almost every in cabin air filter thread in the last 2 years ;)
Thanks man. I'm sure you gotta watch how you lay it in there due to direction of flow. Did ya loose lay it in there or what? Doesn't rub the wheel at all does it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I read the title too quickly and I thought someone made a home entirely out of carbon fiber. Then I click it and read the beginning to quickly and I thought it was a log cabin out of carbon fiber

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
pio!pio! said:
I read the title too quickly and I thought someone made a home entirely out of carbon fiber. Then I click it and read the beginning to quickly and I thought it was a log cabin out of carbon fiber
Ease off the weed for the rest of the night brother. :D :D :D

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
my question is this..are all b15s cabable of using the filter? from what i understand the filter was an option. so if you didnt get a filter, there is still the opening behind the glove box for a filter right? or was the complete assembly an option?

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
The filter compartment should be there in all B15's.
Remove the glove compartment, and Voila!

hs- what wheel would it rub on? In fact, the furnace filter isn't quite as thick as the factory unit, so I made sure to make it a tight fit around all 4 walls for better filtering. The stock piece had large gaps around it's perimeter-?!
I don't remember which way I faced it- I do remember the stock piece has writing on the side to orient it, and I followed that.
Looking at the FSM (car is outside- I'm at work) the blower is under the filter, if that helps you.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
audio1der said:
The filter compartment should be there in all B15's.
Remove the glove compartment, and Voila!

hs- what wheel would it rub on? In fact, the furnace filter isn't quite as thick as the factory unit, so I made sure to make it a tight fit around all 4 walls for better filtering. The stock piece had large gaps around it's perimeter-?!
I don't remember which way I faced it- I do remember the stock piece has writing on the side to orient it, and I followed that.
Looking at the FSM (car is outside- I'm at work) the blower is under the filter, if that helps you.
I'm like 95% positive the flow is down. So you want a bit of suport under the filter. I used a plastic mesh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts