B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I know that I'm just posting about things already posted on this site.. but I have a few questions as I'd like to just change a single inner tie rod out and only spend like 100 dollars max on it & all bushings or anything needed. I smashed a curb pretty hard a few weeks back, I was doing about 100 but braked down to about 60 when I slid all the way through an intersection. My wheel was turned to the right as I was trying to turn right but couldn't stop sliding, I basically slid through the intersection and hit about a foot high curb while at the right angle, and wheel turnedball the way right. Only the drivers side was damaged from what I can tell as far as rims and everything go.. the tie rod was bent in a v right in the middle and twisted all the way around over 180掳. The A arm is slightly bent right behind where the tie rod was bent. The middle of the a arm. Its slightly bent back a little, I bent it back down a bit but not too much, enough to where I'd like to know if it would still drive like this? Or balance right. The outer tierod on the drivers side is still fine and in fact, the bushing on the knuckle was busted and needs to be replaced but thats simple & cheap also. I guess what I'm saying is can I attach a replacement inner tie rod to my still in tact stock Nissan outer tie rod? Just replace the inner and the bushing and balance it the best I can & it be fine? What I'm also wondering is why on every post that I'm seeing it was around $300+ just to replace your tie rod or A arm. I'm guessing everyone chooses to do the Nismo thing but me, I'd like to just get 2 brand new inner tie rods for about 30 bucks for both as they are.. or maybe even just the single inner tie rod for the driver's side. Only 19$ for the one I've attached in a pic. Is that possible? How much importance does the A arm being completely the shape it's supposed to be play? Can someone enlighten me on exactly what the A arms do? I'm just wondering really. I know this sounds cheap as hell. & I plan on replacing the other side also But i need to do this the cheapest, lowest budget way I can & still get it to drive. It doesn't matter if it isn't perfect.. thats why we have steelies and a 6 speeds right lol. Sorry if this seems disrespectful to any of you guys. I'm not dumb by any means,
just asking. Thanks for any feedback. Ask anything. 馃憣馃憣
-Dev
Product Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw the reason this happened is because the car sat for a little over 2 weeks, & I didn't realize was leaking brake fluid from a caliper up front. When I went to take off, yeah I was being an idiot, but usually can brake or downshift without sliding. I had no brakes at all once I went to stop.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I moved it & got it onto a trailer to tow. I removed the front drivers side rim & tire (both completely gone). Moved one of my rims from the back to that spot, and put my spare on the back. I have 15" steelies that shouldn't even be on the car anyways.. I bought the car with them on there. I also bent the tie rod all the way back out just to be able to drive straight up onto the trailer atleast. It completely snapped on the bent part when I got it off the trailer. Outer tie rod is still in tact and not damaged. Right front rim and tire turn right of left just fine still, but drivers side doesn't turn at all. Rim does sit back a bit, further into the back part of the wheel well.. toward me I guess you'd say. I figured once I got this other tie rod on & everything completely fastened tight that then steering would just pull together and balance out this side.. am I wrong?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts