B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here just looking for some advice on diagnosing my high and surging idle. I was running my 05 SE-R V spec with an 2.5l Altima computer and car was running just fine until I swapped in the proper GT MEC63-451 A1 computer and now the idle sits at 1500 until car is warm then it starts to surge from 1500-2100. When you unplug the TPS idle is normal at about 950. So knowing this I figured it was a bad TPS and just went ahead and replaced the entire throttle body unit and did the idle relearn. The idle is still doing the same thing and is throwing codes for TPS. Also when hooked up to a computer the TPS is reading a constant value of 3.5. I’m wondering if the ecm that was swapped in needs to be re-flashed or if there might be a problem with the ecm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A vacuum leak will cause a high engine idle as the oxygen sensor detects lean operation and the engine computer then tries to compensate, which can result in abnormal idle. A malfunctioning throttle system can cause both a high or low idle as well as an engine stall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts