B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This info was posted in the B11-B14 section by Black97GXE and it's in regards to the amber piece in the headlights,,here's what he stated,,,

"Hey guys i finally got to messin with my signals..
Use a blow dryer to soften the Goo holding together the plastic.
After a while of blowing with the blower the lense came of and then i applyed the blower to the amber piece and it gently pryd off with a flat head screw driver. That piece now is usper clear and looks awsome.
To finalize it I blowed with the drier again melted some of the goo and stuck the whole thing back together... Didnt cost me a thing"

HMMMMM I wonder if this method would actually work in our applications??????

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited April 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The only thing is that you have to be really careful not to pry in the wrong spot and break something off of the housing. If I was going to do it I would make sure to have an extra set of them just in case.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on and CAI is comming soon.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I tried it before. We don't have a silicone "goo" that holds our headlights together. We got some kind of hard superglue-type stuff.

Anyways, after hearing all those scary "crackling" sounds, I stopped. I even took it to a shop after that to see if they could do it (cuz they do those things all the time). Even they were scared to do it w/o breaking something. If anyone else has balls to try this, let us know how it turns out.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts