B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a pop charger for my cra. when i turned on my car none of my guages work. not even the trip computer. So i check the intake again turn it on the same thing. So now im pissed becuz i know i didn't touch any wires. So i decide well let me take a ride and see if its just ecu need to boot up becuz i had disconnected the battery. So when i turn on the car everything works. But now my ses light is on i have to go get it read to see wat it is. Does anyone know could it be? I hope it sn't the maf sensor since i herd it was very delicate. But its runs the same no idle problems or anything.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
there is a arrow to where the airflow is supposed to go on the maf. it should point to the engine (at least thats what is on the 02's)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sounds like you installed your MAF backwards when you put it on.
Shane

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I don't think you even have to touch the MAF to install a POP charger, do you? If you did take it off the car, have a look at it to make sure the airflow arrow is pointing towards the TB/engine, not towards the air filter.
Also, make sure your O2 sensor is connected- aha! I bet there's nowhere to plug in your O2 sensor, is there? It's the skinny sensor that plugs in to the bottom of the airbox, just on the top side of the fender hole.(engine compartment, not inner fender)
Put it in a Ziplock bag or something similar so it won't get "hurt", tape or zip-tie it out of the way, and forget. You'll have to look at the SES light as long as the O2 sensor isn't reading anything, but many people have driven that way for a long time.
Personally, I'd find a suitable place to drill a hole along the airflow path(tubing) and install the sensor, but that's me.

If you are somehow using the sensor and still have the SES light, try disconnecting the neg. battery terminal at least overnight- preferably 24 hrs.+
That resets the ECU, and has been known to get the darned SES light to go out.
Hope this helps, bud!
Audio1der

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry got tied up with some other things. no i didn't have to touch the maf. But wat i did is dissconnected the battery and let it sit overnight. when i turn it on the next morning it did not light up. it still hasn't so i am happy. Thanks for the advice everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts