B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may know, i got into a little accident back on July 5th. I was conned into giving my car away before I could get any of my parts off of it and the lovely insurance agent told me that i'd be reimbursed for them. later i find out that reimbursement is the price difference between the OEM and my 'aftermarket' parts. that wouldn't have been a problem if he'd not first taken my car away and second told me that up front.

be that as it may, i never got any of my parts off the car. ie - my JICs i waited for 7 months to get. the car is totalled but there are a great number of possibilites if i get the car back, even as bad a shape it is.

here is my question to you all: Are you or someone you know capable of taking part in car auctions in New York state? I know where my car is, its lot #, and everything. The only problem is its at a private salvage yard that deals with auctioneers and insurance companies, thats it. i'm looking for any way to get my hands on my car again and i'd be willing to pay a small fee for anyone willing to help me out.

thanks.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Call the place up and they will probably give you a few agents who will represent individual buyers.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pjknockout gave me a friend of his number. i tried to call the salvage yard again but they were closed. i left them another message and they respond pretty quickly. i've spoken with them before and now its just a waiting game.

last i spoke to them they were waiting on the insurance company to hand over the title or be asked to auction the car off on the behalf of the insurance company. so i was in limbo.....

·
Registered
897 Posts
I know some people that goto auctions and yada yada yada... got a friend of mine going to this FBI car auction down in hunts point near end of the month... I doubt it'll be there but you never know... most likely it'll be at a police auction if anything.. BUT to the point, you need to know someone at a dealership, possibly a car salesman... they have a pass from the dealership to goto auctions..

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info enyce07. i left a message with the salvage yard and await their response. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. it would be GREAT to be able to pick apart my car. :D

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.

just spoke to the insurance company and they've handed the car over to the salvage yard. the paper work is in transfer. so now i know for sure i can't buy the car back from the insurance company, it will go to auction.

so it still stands. i need to have someone that can take part in this auctions contact me. may they be from a car dealership or private i don't know. as long as they can purchase a salvaged car for me i'd be greatful. like i said, i'd be willing to pay whomever takes part in this. i'd realllly like to get my car back.

thanks.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
pm me, I may have someone for you...

·
Registered
150 Posts
its too bad i dont live in ny anymore or else i coulda gotten it for u. but one of my boys had a dealers license, im not sure if he still does but ill find out for and let u know.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll PM you guys shortly. i just got in from the dealership. they're ordering me a part for my AC because i'm getting a puddle of water on my passenger front side when i use it.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*update*

for anyone who cares, my car is going up for auction. it is located at a CoPart facility in my area and ( http://www.copart.com/ ) and there is literally no way for me to get my hands on it.

i've spoken with someone (a junkyard) who said that they no longer deal with CoPart soley because of their registration, gate, and general fees for processing and taking part in their auction.

from what I hear just in order to get someone to register and get through the gate would cost me a few hundred dollars. towing fees, registration fees, gate fees, storage fees, and the extra $$ i'd throw them for helping me out is just too much. the car isn't worth more than about $1000 to me. its just too much hassle right now to worry about it. i lost my car and the parts and i have to deal with it, it sucks, but hey, lifes not fair. ;)

the only good that might come of this is i locate the vehicle after its been auctioned off and find the person who has it and buy the parts from them. either way, it will be a lot of leg work to get the parts.

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Ed, sorry to hear about your luck...again! It sounds like our idea isn't going to work due to all the additional fees involved. But it's definitely not a bad idea to maybe find out who purchases the car and attempt to buy some of the parts from them. Good luck.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**update**
check this out:

Dear Mr. XXX,

Please note that there is no insurance law that requires an owner to turn over their vehicle to the insurance company when it is deemed a total loss. If you would like us to investigate your particular situation you may wish to file a formal complaint with the Department so that we may look into the actions of our licensee. To do so, please go to the Consumer section of our website (www.ins.state.ny.us) and you will find instructions on how to file a complaint online or in hardcopy. We will advise you in writing of our findings upon the completion of our investigation.
so what i'm going to do is ask my agent why they required me to take my car away, why they never asked if i wanted to keep my car, how will i be compensated for the salvaged car, etc.

the way i'm looking at it, i was misguided (conned if you will) into handing my car over to my insurance company. being inexperienced with this whole thing, i feel it is the insurance company to inform me of what my options are. no where in my policy does it state that i have to turn my 'total lossed' car over to them.

i'll keep you guys posted.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
damn right! f*ck insurance companies, i hate them anyways! :D (sry if anybody works for a insurance company, no offense to you)
get your JIC's back, break some skulls if you must, but i'd do almost anything to get them back, i mean c'mon they're JIC's!

good luck

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
The B15 Army should show up with a flatbed , and gank his car back , so he can remove the parts . We can have adc100 explain the laws and give any insurance people a lenghty argument , we'll have suckmynissan run through the crowd with nothing on except for NISMO written on his chest , me , soupbone , and 5.0 will take the car while chaos ensues . :D

Wishful thinking...;) Good luck man .

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SpecVracer315 said:
damn right! f*ck insurance companies, i hate them anyways! :D (sry if anybody works for a insurance company, no offense to you)
get your JIC's back, break some skulls if you must, but i'd do almost anything to get them back, i mean c'mon they're JIC's!

good luck
they are really the only reason i'm upset about them taking the car away. yes, i had money spent on other nice items (TPM rotors, pads, SS lines, etc) but the rarity and quality of the JIC's is what upset me the most. the phuckers only gave me $350 for over $2000 worth of mods.....granted i was only able to produce receipts for about $1200 worth...but still. :mad:

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
BodeB15 said:
The B15 Army should show up with a flatbed , and gank his car back , so he can remove the parts . We can have adc100 explain the laws and give any insurance people a lenghty argument , we'll have suckmynissan run through the crowd with nothing on except for NISMO written on his chest , me , soupbone , and 5.0 will take the car while chaos ensues . :D

Wishful thinking...;) Good luck man .
LMAO!

i'll be there, asking all of the yard workers if they wanna run me heads up.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hey oktober.. your car was a gray Spec V? 2004 model? Does it also have the nismo decal on the sides? Just curious.. let me know...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts