B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the drag strip last night made one run no problems. On my second run i got half way through 2nd gear and the car went in to safe mode and would not let me rev past 2500 rpms. I did not get a ses light. I shut the car off. Then when I cranked it back up it would start and then die. So i thought it might be the maf sensor. So I disconnected that and then the car would crank up and idle to 2500 rpms. I made it home like that. Then I just know went to reset the computer so i diconnected the negative for awhile and then put it back on went to start the car. it want start. Does anybody have any ideas off what could be wrong.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Unfortunately, disconnecting the negative lead from the battery will not reset the computer in your car. Search this website, because there are a few really good write-ups on how to properly reset the ECU. Sounds like a MAF sensor went bad (as you stated.) Hopefully, it just needs a re-boot.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car want start now it want even turn over. I thought it might be the battery so I put it on a charger. It is not the battery anybody have any ideas. I might have to get it towed to the dealership. No warranty****************.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out the problem with my car one of the vacum lines snatched a igntion wire loose and that why the car would not start. Then my friend has a automotive shop so I took it there we hooked it up to the scanner and the maf is died. Know the car is on its way to nissan to hopefulley get cover under warrenty. They know about some of my aftermarket parts and they said they would try to hook me up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts