B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished painting my 16" stockers to gunmetal, but I didn't cover the tires and i forgot to put grease on the tires...:( anybody have any ideas to removing the paint? Thanks

will post up pics as soon as i get my hands on a digicam

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10 views and no replies? plz help

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
dunno what to say... no protection... paint on rubber... get new tires? *Shrug* anything I can think of that will remove the paint... will also screw up the rubber.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lawngn0mex said:
dunno what to say... no protection... paint on rubber... get new tires? *Shrug* anything I can think of that will remove the paint... will also screw up the rubber.

True, gas and thinner will hurt your tires..your my boy..but man you shoulda known better than painting them with the tires on...get the hose ready and some thinner, then right after you apply the thinner, then wipe quickly,then use a ton of water pressure quickly to get the thinner off.. THIS MAY SCREW UP YOUR TIRES
Late
D :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
You know that orange rough soap you use after working on your car. Try rubbing that stuff into the tires and using water. Or with time, the paint will crack and chip away eventually. Using harsh solvents wil screw up the newly painted wheels.

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
fuje said:
You know that orange rough soap you use after working on your car. Try rubbing that stuff into the tires and using water. Or with time, the paint will crack and chip away eventually. Using harsh solvents wil screw up the newly painted wheels.
That might work actually, I was going to say to get a mildly bristled brush and brush away and see if anything comes off, but that all depends on how well it stuck to the rubber.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
yeah... never throught of brillo... personally I'd drive them around at night and see how well the pain on the rubber holds up.

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive never used the orange rough soap...where do i get that?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I bit the bullet by not covering my tires :p

I'll try those suggestions thanks!

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
canadian tire has it here.... I dunno if you guys have that in the states or not. :p

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn i can't seem to find it newhere lol thanks though!

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
Dude, that's easy. Just get some 400 grit sandpaper, and LIGHTLY sand it away.

If you do it right, it will not remove very much or ANY of the rubber.

I usually do this all the time when I park in the city, and the parking officer marks my tires to know how long I've been parked (1 hour limited parking).

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ That's funny. :p

A few washes should take it off. Just brush them down a few times.

·
Man-Whore
1,454 Posts
NiceGuy said:
Dude, that's easy. Just get some 400 grit sandpaper, and LIGHTLY sand it away.

If you do it right, it will not remove very much or ANY of the rubber.

I usually do this all the time when I park in the city, and the parking officer marks my tires to know how long I've been parked (1 hour limited parking).
true...
sand paper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, I'm almost reluctant to reveal my secret but here it is. Around the shop where I work we use a product for a lot of things it's not conventially used for, we joke about it a lot, we use it alot. The miracle in a can is carburator cleaner. It will take almost anything off of anything. Works good for a few other things too but I can't reveal all of my secrets.

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha sandpaper did the trick, but it's not COMPLETELY off...but at this point, i'm just damn happy about my rims. Damn, im still waiting for my roomie to come back with his digicam so i can post up some pics...btw, they're 16" gunmetal on cloud white 01 se dropped on Eibach Pro-kits.

·
Registered
105 Posts
BurnEmUp said:
Alright, I'm almost reluctant to reveal my secret but here it is. Around the shop where I work we use a product for a lot of things it's not conventially used for, we joke about it a lot, we use it alot. The miracle in a can is carburator cleaner. It will take almost anything off of anything. Works good for a few other things too but I can't reveal all of my secrets.
I'm going to try that out on a couple of things tomorrow. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts