B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your help. Today I went to the dealership to get my tires rotated and they tell me 2 of my front wheel bolts were stripped (one on each side). They were the last ones to touch my tires because 1 month prior I got them to do my alignment and balancing. Of course they blame my aftermarket wheels and lug nuts. Well they quote me $300 to replace them and to get new oem lug nuts.

Shouldn't they be to blame? The manager was a complete jerk. He wouldn't even talk to me or explain ****. All he said was, "If they're aftermarket, I'm not taking it."

They claim to have done my tire rotation too. I checked my car and all 4 lugs were in and I was like WTF, since one lug on each side should be stripped. Are they supposed to put a lug back onto a stripped bolt?

I'M SO PISSED!!! :mad: Anyone know a mod friendly dealership in MD? I regretfully went to VOB Nissan.

Thanks guys.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Studs cost about $2 each and it takes me about 15 mins from removing the tire to putting the tire back on. $300?!!! F them. Most alignment shops replace bad studs. Should be around $15 per bad stud at any alignment shop

Its really easy to do yourself. Four lugnuts, two bolts for the caliper and then remove the rotor. Hammer out the old stud and push the new stud through and tighten it up with one of your lugnuts. Then just put the rotor and caliper back on and torque your lugnuts to 85 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
F the stealerships on that man. Easy DIY man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, I will do it myself (well with some supervision). but man I paid for the damn tire rotation, I wonder if they even did it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
blytes said:
alright, I will do it myself (well with some supervision). but man I paid for the damn tire rotation, I wonder if they even did it.
f*ck dealers for rotations. bring it to your local NTB/Tire Kingdom. a rotation (nothing else) is like $8. i think the lifetime rotate and balance is only like $30
i know, i work there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the NTB around my area is ****ty. I've heard bad stuff bout them, since my friend worked there. it's tough to find some good places to get work done on your car. =( I dunno why my parents got the 100k warrenty, freaking useless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts