B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently when I leave the country, my car decides to take a fit. Here's the problem: The LH front window will go down no problem. If you stop it before it gets over 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down, it will go back up fine. However, when you put it all the way down, it would not go back up without assistance.

Now, I have the door all apart. Without the added friction of the inner seal, the widow will go back up from all the way down, but very slowly. If I let it go all the way up, it goes slow and sounds strained all the way to the top. If I stop it once its up about 6 inches and put it down about 1/2 inch, then try to go up again it is normal.

It seems to me that something in the cable winch is binding up when the cable is almost the whole way out (window down). Has anyone dealt with a problem like this before? I don't want to go out and drop money on parts I don't need (ie. motor, cause it sounds fine and costs $210). Thanks for your help in advance!

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... I fixed it. Nothing a little mechanical detective work, a mirror, a flashlight, and some lithium grease couldn't fix. Turned out to be a piece of plastic that guides the cable wires was hanging up, so I rotated it and greased the sucker up. Problem solved...for now at least. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts