B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been awhile since i posted here, but I need some advice.

Last night I was driving down the road, and BAM. My tach drops to 0 and car dies. So I start it back up, drive about 3 secs and BAM. The tach drops to 0 and car stalls again.

So I limp it home, and turn it off. The tach is still reading 0 at this point.

I leave the car sit awhile come back, and try to start it. It crank forever and finally starts up and the tach is working again. Then 5 sec's later the tach goes ack to 0 and the cars stalls again.. I checked connections on battery and alt. everything seems fine....

I drove to work with no tach today, but the car seemed to be running fine.(all the other gauges work)
It did take like 15 secs to start though.

Please Help me out!

I forgot I have a Safc2 and the Rpm's on that read 0 also. ( I've had the installed for about a year now)

·
Registered
168 Posts
have ya had the cam shaft and crank shaft position sensors replaced yet?? that sounds like what it is......

·
Registered
55 Posts
starter might be going out too?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the CPS control the Rpm gauge?

Btw, I've got it down to a Science now.

I start the car in the morning, It starts fine and the Rpm guage works, then about 2min later it dies.

When u try and restart it, it cranks for a while, then when i finally starts it runs ok but without a tach. If u turn the car off for a couple of hours it repeats the process of the car working prefectly for about 2min then back to the same thing.

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
Sounds like a trip to the dealership is in order.

I bet it's either your ECU or crank position sensor.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silversurfer said:
Sounds like a trip to the dealership is in order.

I bet it's either your ECU or crank position sensor.
Anyone know if the Power Train warranty covers the ECM, and or the CPS.

They will probaly laugh at me if i try to get anything covered under warranty, cause im not exactly stock.

Also you guys think my cars throwing a code? My SES light has been on since I removed my cats. So I may go to Autozone today and have the check the code, if it is throwing one.

I was looking foward to going to the track this week.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Did you check you connection to the rpm wire on the ecu harness where you spliced in your safc? I would check there first. But you probably already did that.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BlueSE-R_SpecV said:
Have you done the recall for the cam and crank position sensors? If not, get it done. It will not cost you anything!
My cars vin doesn't fall the Recall for the CPS, I've had Nissan check twice, and I checked once myself.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HumboldtBlazer said:
Did you check you connection to the rpm wire on the ecu harness where you spliced in your safc? I would check there first. But you probably already did that.
I tried to look but I haven't had the time to take the ECM box out yet. I'm pulling it tommorrow afternoon.

I'm just basically asking if anyone else has had similiar problems.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Looks like your car isn't heading to the 12's like that.

A lot of spec-v's are having alternator failure too.. have that checked out.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Gawd i haven't been on this site forever.

Anyways my car is fixed now, it was the CPS both sensors were replaced and the car runs like it should again.

I was relieved. The parts were like 65-70 dollars and i put them both in, it took 15min.

Anyways im back on track now, i got Jwt cams im installing soon. I should be running low 14's with my slicks I just picked up!

I was able to Suck a few more horsepower out of my A/F ratios, since I'm basically running a Straight pipe now..

Currently 171.9whp / 174.5 wtq N/A without cams :D
(i made like 20 dyno pulls one was actaully almost 175 whp but the car was kinda lean so we backed off alittle.)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
CiViCDuSteR said:

Anyways my car is fixed now, it was the CPS both sensors were replaced and the car runs like it should again.

I was relieved. The parts were like 65-70 dollars and i put them both in, it took 15min.

Anyways im back on track now, i got Jwt cams im installing soon. I should be running low 14's with my slicks I just picked up!

I was able to Suck a few more horsepower out of my A/F ratios, since I'm basically running a Straight pipe now..

(i made like 20 dyno pulls one was actaully almost 175 whp but the car was kinda lean so we backed off alittle.)

what were your a/f ratios?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The ECM is warranted for 8 yrs or 80,000 miles.Mine went out monday.I picked my car up today at no cost.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
CiViCDuSteR said:

this happened to me last month. it was my cps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
CiViCDuSteR said:

What are your SAFC2 numbers/settings?

You should be able to hit 180 whp NA easily once you have your cams installed and tuned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question since u guys got into safc2 ok so mines a 05 turbo greddy exhaust I used the bolt on garrett turbo kit but I havnt took the car out to drive it because I was told it would have to be tuned first by a pro n not just with the safc2

1 - 20 of 22 Posts