B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just hooked up a CDA-9835 that i just bought and the speakers arent recieving any signal at all, the subs play just fine but the speakers are getting nothing, not even static, not a sound at all. any ideas what this could be? the unit is fairly new and came out of my buddies car, was working before.

·
Registered
631 Posts
4U 2 NV said:
i just hooked up a CDA-9835 that i just bought and the speakers arent recieving any signal at all, the subs play just fine but the speakers are getting nothing, not even static, not a sound at all. any ideas what this could be? the unit is fairly new and came out of my buddies car, was working before.

gotta ask the stupid questions first.

are the RCAs connected? or is the HU powering the speakers (get an amp!)
are your speaker wires attached inside the doors (they CAN come off, i've had it happen when i kicked one of the wires when i was installing my new amp)
fuse blown? (if you have an amp for the door speakers)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i suppose it could be a fuse...but how? the speakers run straight from the deck there should be no fuses in there. the deck is hooked up properly and the speakers are all connected.

·
Registered
631 Posts
4U 2 NV said:
i suppose it could be a fuse...but how? the speakers run straight from the deck there should be no fuses in there. the deck is hooked up properly and the speakers are all connected.
...you didnt use the stock speaker wiring did you? bah. that might be why. stock is like 22gauge. its TINY. i actually snapped mine in half by pulling on it

get an amp to those speakers, and run new wiring...some nice heavy jacketed 16gauge.

*edit*...i have an alpine to 16pin universal harness if you're interested...sold my alpine, getting an eclipse. it makes alpine headunits plug and play (god help you if you cut the factory harness)...then all you need is a factory to 16pin universal harness, and your whole console is all plug and play....no extra wiring! (minus running a remote ground)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jasper said:
...you didnt use the stock speaker wiring did you? bah. that might be why. stock is like 22gauge. its TINY. i actually snapped mine in half by pulling on it

get an amp to those speakers, and run new wiring...some nice heavy jacketed 16gauge.

*edit*...i have an alpine to 16pin universal harness if you're interested...sold my alpine, getting an eclipse. it makes alpine headunits plug and play (god help you if you cut the factory harness)...then all you need is a factory to 16pin universal harness, and your whole console is all plug and play....no extra wiring! (minus running a remote ground)
well it cant just be the guage of the wire because i get no sound at all, nothign, and i have had like 5 different head units in this car that have all worked on stock wiring

·
Registered
631 Posts
4U 2 NV said:
well it cant just be the guage of the wire because i get no sound at all, nothign, and i have had like 5 different head units in this car that have all worked on stock wiring
is power to the internal amp turned on? on alpine headunits, you can disable the internal amp if you want to run a seperate amp to the speakers (basically turns it into a signal only deck)...although thats set default to "PWR ON"....alpines site will have the manual for that HU...check it, see if the internal amp is disabled.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
my guess is the amp is disabled

push menu repeatedly until you get to "setup", wait a second or 2 for it to enter the menu, then push the right or left track skip buttons until you reach "power-ic", then rotate the volume knob to the right to turn the internal amp on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts