B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of ignition coils (I think) for my horribly misfiring Spec. I already did the boots and plugs and it didn't help. I guess the next thing to try is swap the coils. Dunno what else could make it misfire like it does cuz it doesn't smoke or hesitate or do anything else weird...just misfires. So...hope some new coils will work!

But yea...if you have any, lemme know.

·
4,135 Posts
I assume it is throwing a code along with that misfire?

If so, you can pull that code and find out which cylinder or cylinders is misfiring.

Say the #3 cylinder is misfiring....you could always just swap the coil packs between the #2 and 3 cylinders and see if the problem follows the coil pack or if it persists. Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true...already thought of that. The problem with that is that the code it's throwing is a 0300 "random misfire" or something to that extent. This worried me at first cuz I was thinking it could be something serious but it doesn't smoke, there was no oil or coolant on the plugs when I changed them, it starts right up when you turn the key, it doesn't hesitate or struggle or anything when you give it gas, it just misfires.

What I could do to see what happens though is start it and pull them off one by one I suppose...???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. I need those and maybe an ABS sensor. (My ABS light is on...???...guess that's what the problem is...)

You do paypal, right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was getting the P0300, Multiple Cylinder Misfire for about 6 months, on and off. Nissan had me replace spark plugs, fuel pump, idle air relearn, etc. etc.-- had to pay a $149.95 diagnostics each time and they failed to fix it three times!

Turned out to be an internal HG leak...only way I found out was there was oil in my radiator reservoir. Got the HG replaced at a local family-owned shop and couldn't be happier with the results. All is good-- no more CEL, /knock on wood/ and didn't realize how much power was being sapped until I got it fixed...luckily no other damage was found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts