B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I need your expertise. There is couple of brand name of brake pads and I dont know what to pick but keep in mind that I need longevity and performance. Also, stock brake pads are expensive but i Heard their good.
I NEED BANG FOR BUCKS!!!

1) KVR (good, cheap BUT a performance shop told me they are not that great, they'll eat up your rotors) :confused: but I also heard some good stuff

2) PBR (do they grind down your rotors? do they last long?)

3) Hawk HPS (do they grind down your rotors? do they last long?)

4) Raysbestos (do they perform?)

PLEASE HELP! :(

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I have a set of carbotech bobcats sitting in my room that I will install once I have the cash for the rest of my brakepad. From everything I've read about them, I'm very interested in checking out their performance.

·
Registered
689 Posts
first thing you going to be on OEM rotors? second hawk are good pas but noisy....i have Axxis Metal Masters and I love them they're great bt I have Powerslot rotors too

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Axxis Ultimates on the fronts and Hawk HPS on the rears. Just make sure to use a little Anti-Seize when you throw them on, and they'll be completely unnoticeable (soundwise, you're stops will be much nicer). I'm also using Stoptech slotted rotors (and SS brakelines/Motul 600 Fluid), so I wouldn't be able to comment on how they'll work with your stock rotors. My stops are strong, shorter, and quiet. Have those stock rotors resurfaced, too. When I removed my stock pads and rotors (after 28k of daily driving with the occasional harsh stop) they were worn unevenly and slightly damaged. If you have the money, I'd even recommend that you replace the rotors as well (for OEMs, or even cross-drilled/slotted). Good luck!

·
Registered
689 Posts
my recomendation would be to get PowerSlot rotors with Axxis metal master pads....but if you dont have the money for rotors and plan on running on OE rotors i would go with EBC pads......

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to keep my OEM rotors and get them resurfaced! what is EBC pads? what brand is that?

·
I drive way too much
228 Posts
EBC- A brittish company that is highly praised over there in the UK (won a couple of brake tests that MAX power (the mag) ran a few years back. Carbon kevlar in composition, they are supposed to stop shorter, hold higher heat (up around 1000 deg) and produce less dust (for their green stuff application ) Green is for the street, red stuff is for the street/some track use, yellow is track only.
I have a set of the green stuff pads that I've been waiting to use for a year and a half, but these [email protected] ceramic pads I got @ sears auto are lasting a lot longer than I expected (and I drive them pretty hard). Actually a pretty good buy now that i think of it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts