B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
spaztastic
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any tracks around here i just got done reading someones thread about goin to one (sorry cant member your sighn on name) and im aching to go out and do it. im pretty confedint in my driving abilitys but is there any chance of flipping or wrecking my sentra spec-v. (no mods on it at all)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check out Road Atlanta up in Brasleton and car clubs also go to Atlanta motor speedway. Road Atlanta is a real road course and should be safer than AMS since there isn't a lot of run off room at the speeway. Just listen to your instructor and stay within your and your cars limits and you'll have a ball!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Matthew,

If you can't afford to write off the car everytime you put it on a track, then you need to re-think doing it. While you can safely "track" a car with no more damage than the average wear and tear, the mere fact that you are pushing the car to it's limits puts it in jeopardy. You say you are confident in your driving skills. Based on what? If you haven't taken some type of driving school or instruction, chances are you don't know the proper techniques needed to control a car at it's limits. Road Atlanta is one of the more "technical" tracks in the country. Meaning it's takes a lot of technique and experience to drive it quickly. It also has a few corners, that if taken incorrectly, can get you in a lot of trouble, quickly. There is a lot of concrete around Road Atlanta, as well as AMS, and the only way to gaurantee that you will not damage the car, is to never put a wheel off or in the wrong place.
Now, I don't say any of this to discourage you. Quite the contrary. I just want you to know that there is more to it, than "thinking" you can. There are various groups out there that will get you on the track, and hopefully teach you some technique to make it as safe as possible. But again, re-read the first two line of this response.
Lastly, the Atlanta Region SCCA has a race at AMS (Atlanta Motor Speedway) Labor Day weekend. I will be skipping this one for various reasons (otherwise I would invite you out as crew), but it's an opportunity to see some excellent drivers and chat with them about racing/High speed driving.
If nothing else, SCCA can be a good starting point if you want to get your car or you out on the track.

V-Rex
2003 SER-Spec V
T-Rex Racing
SCCA ITA Nissan 240sx #56
Sponsor: Buffalo's Southwest Cafe

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
V-Rex said:
Matthew,

If you can't afford to write off the car everytime you put it on a track, then you need to re-think doing it. While you can safely "track" a car with no more damage than the average wear and tear, the mere fact that you are pushing the car to it's limits puts it in jeopardy. You say you are confident in your driving skills. Based on what? If you haven't taken some type of driving school or instruction, chances are you don't know the proper techniques needed to control a car at it's limits. Road Atlanta is one of the more "technical" tracks in the country. Meaning it's takes a lot of technique and experience to drive it quickly. It also has a few corners, that if taken incorrectly, can get you in a lot of trouble, quickly. There is a lot of concrete around Road Atlanta, as well as AMS, and the only way to gaurantee that you will not damage the car, is to never put a wheel off or in the wrong place.
Now, I don't say any of this to discourage you. Quite the contrary. I just want you to know that there is more to it, than "thinking" you can. There are various groups out there that will get you on the track, and hopefully teach you some technique to make it as safe as possible. But again, re-read the first two line of this response.
Lastly, the Atlanta Region SCCA has a race at AMS (Atlanta Motor Speedway) Labor Day weekend. I will be skipping this one for various reasons (otherwise I would invite you out as crew), but it's an opportunity to see some excellent drivers and chat with them about racing/High speed driving.
If nothing else, SCCA can be a good starting point if you want to get your car or you out on the track.

V-Rex
2003 SER-Spec V
T-Rex Racing
SCCA ITA Nissan 240sx #56
Sponsor: Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
Agreed 100%.

Best option is to probably start with SCCA Solo II. Basically all you need is your car and helmet (and they have loaners if you don't have one). Here is some links for you to read up on. I AutoX both my Spec V (on occasion) and a G-Stock CRX. A stock Spec V is in D-Stock, modified in STX. We also go to "Little Talledega once or twice a season and run there. Its a cool little track that we "slow up" a little with cones and slaloms to make it safe. If you have any questions feel free to email or PM me.

http://www.apexbenefits.biz/ABS-Mtrsports.htm
http://www.tgprace.com/

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
i've been to one in commerce before. went with some friends.. i dont know exactly how to get there.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Buffalo's sponsors cars? :)

Wow, a couple Atlanta people posting here for once...

·
spaztastic
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jpalm said:
Agreed 100%.

Best option is to probably start with SCCA Solo II. Basically all you need is your car and helmet (and they have loaners if you don't have one). Here is some links for you to read up on. I AutoX both my Spec V (on occasion) and a G-Stock CRX. A stock Spec V is in D-Stock, modified in STX. We also go to "Little Talledega once or twice a season and run there. Its a cool little track that we "slow up" a little with cones and slaloms to make it safe. If you have any questions feel free to email or PM me.

http://www.apexbenefits.biz/ABS-Mtrsports.htm
http://www.tgprace.com/
thanks guys i appreciate the help, i have had experience handeling a car around tight corners only i was risking hitting another car, that was back in the day when i was dumb an owned a stratus (good times). i knew that cars limits but again i cant begin to test the limits of my specv becuase theres really nowhere safe from law inforcment and theres nowhere secluded todo so. i agree with you both that i should goto solo II. but how much is it? im a college student and cant really afford much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts