B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Powered by Honda
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was driving home last night, and my engine just dies on me when im at idle at a stop light. (clutch out, out of gear) then at the very next light it does it again. (clutch in this time, in gear). I drove on the highway for awhile, ran it up high on the tach, got the secondaries open, and it was fine until I stopped the car. I parked it at a friends house for 20-30mins, got back in, and it did it again, once when I was pulling over, once when I was trying to back up. WTF is happening here?! No SES light on, its just dying. Im about 500KMs from my 56,000KM service, so perhaps it just needs a tune up? I just put gas in it, perhaps the fuel was bad? A couple days ago I was driving around with the Fuel low light on for about 20-30mins, cause I couldn't stop for gas. (perhaps I picked up some crap from the bottom of the tank and now its clogging the injectors?) What should I do? I have a custom pop charger intake, which has been on for about 2 weeks, with no problems. Im running a K&N filter, and 89 octane gas. Maybe I should run a tank of 94 and some injector cleaner? has anyone else ever heard of this problem? I did a search and found nothing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Check for a vac leak. Check all your vac lines. Make sure your Pop Intake is on tight. Check overall condition of your engine bay. Make sure everything is bolted down tight. Check battery connection. Check oil too.

Shane

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
03BlkSpecV said:
Check for a vac leak. Check all your vac lines. Make sure your Pop Intake is on tight. Check overall condition of your engine bay. Make sure everything is bolted down tight. Check battery connection. Check oil too.

Shane
Yeah, check those...but it also could be your CPS (crank position sensor) or your ECU on its way out.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
this had happened to me.....didn't throw any codes but the pending code was the camshaft position sensor.....replaced it and problem went away......however now the problem seems to be creaping back up on me......sooooo.....going to have to check the pending codes again and see what it says......i'm not worried though.....only does every once in a while.....that's how it starts and it just gets worse from there...anyway.....have your car checked for pending codes and see what it says

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is doing the same thing..sometimes it wont do it at all then other times it does it at every light..it scares the heck out of me and i have no clue what it is either..

·
Powered by Honda
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
03BlkSpecV said:

Shane
Pop intake is indeed on tight. Where are the vac lines? Sorry, im not exactly a mechanic. Oil is getting a bit dirty, because its near time for a change, but there is still lots of it in there. How do I check the pending codes, is it the same as with when the ses light is on, i do the 'diagnostic' procedure as described in the sticky at the top of this forum?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you have the crank position recall done on your car?
Those are the exact symptoms that Nissan Corporate gave us to watch for
on stalled cars...

·
Powered by Honda
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jasondt2001 said:
Did you have the crank position recall done on your car?
Those are the exact symptoms that Nissan Corporate gave us to watch for
on stalled cars...
Im not sure, I bought the car used from a Nissan dealer, so I would assume so. I also stumbled accross this service bulletin:
# date description
01-074A MAR 02 Engine - Dies at Idle/Stumbles/MIL ON/DTC P0340 Set

I have everything except MIL ON, should I take it to the dealer? and should i put my intake back to stock?

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you want you could, I always think people should before they hit our place for warranty work... These tech's get a lower pay rate when working with warranty stuff, so the ALWAYS look for something to blame the customer because then they get more money.
All you have to do is call your local dealer, ask for the service department, tell them you want your VIN number ran on service comm (have your vin ready) and for them to check for any out standing warranty campaigns....

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
i've been told that my car isn't covered under the recall :rolleyes: last time i was told this my engine died and then they extended the engine recall the week later :mad: stupid ***cing Nissan Corporate.....anyway......in order to check for pending codes you need a scan tool of some kind........whether it be a generic one or the Consult II that Nissan uses.....you don't throw a MIL light for pending codes b/c they are not enough of an issue to cause any type of serious problems......i just replaced my camshaft position sensor myself......takes all of 3 seconds......maybe 7 if you're not mechanically inclined.......i haven't tackled the crankshaft position sensor yet.....just too lazy i guess......maybe i'll do it next weekend.......please keep us posted on your progress though

Late,
Daniel

·
creating HAVOK
262 Posts
check your battery sounds like what happen to me b4, my terminals were all corroded and then my battery gave out 6 months later

·