B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone run into this problem?

I was going to replace the brake rotors on my GXE, I went to 5 different auto parts stores and nobody had the right size rotor to replace the one on my car they were WAY TOO BIG and would rub on the caliper if I put them on. I looked at all the different ones for the different models SE, SE w/pp, XE, and GXE,maybe the part numbers they had were wrong, I dont know what the deal was. All were too big or too thick. I am going to take the rotors off tomorrow and have Pep Boys turn them, until I can find the right ones, right size to replace them. Hopefully that will fix the problem even if it only buys me time to find the right rotors.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I'll betcha the deale rhas some that would fit!
Joking aside, measure the thickness before they're turned, as well as the diameter, and see if some from another car would work as well. You just never know!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just had them turned and that fixed the problem. Turns out the brake pads were the wrong ones too. Luckily my brake pads were still 75% good. I will still need new rotors eventually and the dealer wants 84.00 bucks for one. I'll try that expressautoparts.net place too, thanks for the info

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey that thread doesn't work it says no longer available

·
Registered
292 Posts
BREMBO "gran turismo" brake systems
328x28 2 peice drilled
111.6015a

im sure on the price but this setup includes everything you would need for the front disc braks....rotors, calipers, pads, etc.

·
Registered
406 Posts
ok he said that the stock ones are expensive, do you know how much brembo is?? mad $$$$

·
Simian Rex
3,213 Posts
The Brembo system for all four wheels is about $1800, and has to be imported from Europe. ;) The reason your parts-store rotors didn't fit is probably because they were for the SE/SE-R (which are similar to Altimas). I'd be pretty suprised if a parts store already has XE/GXE-spec brake parts on hand, as they seem to be unique.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1800.00 is alot of money for a conversion I wonder how hard it would be to just change the brakes to Rotors all the way around, using the ones off the SpecV or even the SE. I dont really care just want to stop better, but dont I want to break my bank doing it either!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want the rear to be ROTORS too, will I have to be doing alot of modifications to make them that way? Will the SE rotors just replace the rear drums, a simple removal and replace?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Firstly, hi to b15 community!
I need some help. I lost many hours to remove the front disc brake but was impossible to do it ( I used hammer, puller, heat ). Can you help me, please?!

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
You will need to be more specific, please. Which part, the rotor or what? It has been a minute since I did mine.

·
Simian Rex
3,213 Posts
To remove the brake disc, I had to unbolt the caliper bracket (the part that doesn't squeeze or slide). I used a 2"*4" piece of wood about 8" long (enough to hold with your hand), and beat it on the face of the disc with a hammer. Don't beat on the disk with a hammer, you can hurt yourself, the wheel bearing, or worse. The wood transfers the impact without damaging the metal stuff. Use a medium-large hammer, my favorite is a 3-pound Husky "drill hammer" that I got at Home Depot. A 24-oz ball-peen hammer is not enough force, and a 5-pound maul (sometimes incorrectly called a sledge) is harder to control.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts