B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track tonight. I got like 13 runs in and couldn't get below a 2.2xx 60'. I've tried everything. Launch high and dump. Launch high and feather and everything else I could think of. Whats my problem? Should I get new tires? I have Sumitumo HTR-Z II. My best run was a 15.1xx @ 92.12 with a 2.2 60'. What the hell is my problem?

Mods are Intake, Exhaust, knock sensor, motor mounts.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
i dunno, honestly see if it works, dont concentrate on your launch... i kinda hold the clutch down when i see that last night i drop it and floor it... at no RPM i hit my 14.9 with E/MMI that way... but i dont think ull get much lower then a 2.2 with those mods i may be wrong though... anyone?? the humidity and summer weather may be dicken ya as well

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Do exactly what you do from a stop light, except instead of doing it from idle do it from 1800rmp. Be smooth, dont jerk or bog. That = a 2.1

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i think Armin runs those tires, and he seems to have no trouble at all with them

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Laloosh said:
Do exactly what you do from a stop light, except instead of doing it from idle do it from 1800rmp. Be smooth, dont jerk or bog. That = a 2.1

Thats interesting I launch between 2900-3000k rpm's and pull 2.1 60' on Kumho 712's which nobody seems to like. Oh well they make me happy.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
don't go full throttle out of the hole. give it enough gas so the tires spin a bit, and then as soon as you get traction, floor it.
thats my .02, but i have drag radials, and those bastards hook!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
SpecVracer315 said:
don't go full throttle out of the hole. give it enough gas so the tires spin a bit, and then as soon as you get traction, floor it.
thats my .02, but i have drag radials, and those bastards hook!
Did u ever break 14's yet??? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
CiViCDuSteR said:
Did u ever break 14's yet??? :rolleyes:
i havent gone to the track yet, f*cknuts.
i do alot of street racing, so im hold out running on the track because then everybody will know what im running in the 1/4. but don't worry, duster you'll be the first to know.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Laloosh said:
whats ure best time on drag radials? also what the size?
i only have g-tech times, and they hovered right around 14.1- 14.2 with a 2.0 60 foot. at the track i'm gonna try for a 1.9 on the radials, i know it can be done, but launching on the street and launching on the track is different.
plus i need to tune my s-afc2.....

oh and the size is 225/45/17 mounted on stock rims.... its more discreet that way. ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
SpecVracer315 said:
i havent gone to the track yet, f*cknuts.
i do alot of street racing, so im hold out running on the track because then everybody will know what im running in the 1/4. but don't worry, duster you'll be the first to know.
thats great .......i hope you wreck!!!!

Idiot......u do alot of street racing.. thats smart

hahahahah.........I be waiting for your times if you ever overcome your fear of getting owned by the Duster.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
SpecVracer315 said:
i only have g-tech times, and they hovered right around 14.1- 14.2 with a 2.0 60 foot. at the track i'm gonna try for a 1.9 on the radials, i know it can be done, but launching on the street and launching on the track is different.
plus i need to tune my s-afc2.....

oh and the size is 225/45/17 mounted on stock rims.... its more discreet that way. ;)
First off G-tech doesn't work.......14.1 hahahhahah never with your mods..

Maybe with a tuned Safc2, Cams, Bsr, TB, and Valvetrain w/ springs
Running on those drag radials or slicks maybe but not how your car sits....sorry to brust your bubble........Mr. Street Racer......

1 - 20 of 59 Posts