B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best place to get a good deal on a helmet. I wanna start taking my V to Carlsbad, but I need a helmet...any suggestions?

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can you use helmets at the Carlsbad raceway

·
Team Driven San Diego
4,237 Posts
You HAVE to have a helmet at Carlsbad. I'd check ECC (Escondido Cycle Center) or ORW and see what they got.

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but I mean...do they rent them or anything like that at the Carlsbad Raceway?

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also...what type of helmet does it have to be? Like a bicycle helmet, or full face motorbike helmet, or what? It doesnt say specs for a helmet on their site...

·
Team Driven San Diego
4,237 Posts
No they don't rent helmets there. It had to be like a motorcycle helmet or similar. A bicycle helmet will not cut it.

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I knew california had dumb rules, but this is rediculous...wearing a full helmet for a car that is street legal and can barely break 14s seems rediculous...where I am from you have to wear a helmet if you break into the 12s or below... what a weird state

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone have a helmet I can borrow dangit!

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
some tracks in cali only require a helmet if you are 13's or faster.

carlsbad raceway requires it for all cars.

i beleive if your 11's or faster they require a roll cage too.

·
Registered
689 Posts
just about any track you go to out here you need to have a DOT legal motorcycle helmet...oh and yes it is closing for good....they need to make room to build MORE houses for all the stupid assholes that keep moving here......

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man this sucks, there are like 20 1/4 mile drag stips in the LA area...and 1 and 1/2 here (by 1/2 I am refering to that stupid excuse for an 1/8mile track at qualcomm)...someone needs to build another 1/4mile track here!

·
Registered
689 Posts
why would they want to build a track in san diego it is all such prime realestate...tracks dont bring in nearly as much money as houses do.....not going to happen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts