B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, im new to the site but not to the b15. i am a certified VW technician working in clarksville, tn.

anyway i dont know how many people read newbie posts but i have some questions.

who out there has done (themselves or helped physically) the JWT tuned b14 ecu in the b15 sentra? i ask cause i just did the conversion and now i have a 3 thousand pound paper weight.

i did all the soldering and modifications myself (made my own conversion harness) with the help of the JGY customs write up on the b14 ecu swap, but to no avail. can get it to fire up for a split second but wont actually run. i have heard that you have to swap out the entire intake manifold so you have the b14 iacv and tps, but the JGY site never mentioned anything about swapping anything besides the ecu.

just thought i would ask before i decide to get rid of this project and just swap in the vq35.

thanks kyle botero

· Registered
2,679 Posts
to use the b14 ecu, you need to use the step down harness, which i think you made to just plug n play. im not sure which ecu codes are interchangeable tho. did you have nats on the b15 ecu and not the b14 ecu? and you are correct, the b14 ecu would be just taking readings from the iacv and tps, instead of controlling them.

· Premium Member
17,921 Posts
When I swapped mine out I used a B14 intake manifold and sensors. I can tell you that the JGY instructions were different then my own and my car runs perfectly. I think I have the pinouts on my computer at home. I will post them for you and see if it will help you out.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
nats is like the security-ish system, you should see the nats modules, normally on a b15 they will prevent the car from starting if they key is not programmed. you can search the b15 ecu code to see if it had nats. if it had nats, i think you have to bypass the modules and run a couple of small wires.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
does the stock ecu have nats? whats the sticker say on the stock ecu? k3, 5p, etc? does your b15 key have a blue chip on it? if the stock ecu has nats, the car wont start because the anti-theft in the security system (nats) prevents the car from starting, and nats is built into the b15 ecu. you would need to completely remove the nats system modules to use the b14 ecu, or get nats on the b14 ecu? <.i havent done either of these. also, hope youve double checked your wiring. any ses codes on the b14 ecu?

· Premium Member
17,921 Posts
does the stock ecu have nats? whats the sticker say on the stock ecu? k3, 5p, etc? does your b15 key have a blue chip on it? if the stock ecu has nats, the car wont start because the anti-theft in the security system (nats) prevents the car from starting, and nats is built into the b15 ecu. you would need to completely remove the nats system modules to use the b14 ecu, or get nats on the b14 ecu? <.i havent done either of these. also, hope youve double checked your wiring. any ses codes on the b14 ecu?
Negative, When you swap out the ECU you disable the nats. The B14 has no nats.

I couldn't find the pinout on my external HD so i need to fire up my desktop and see if it's there.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
? i thought the nats modules kill switch stayed active, so when you start without correct ecu code it kills? i remember bringing my friends car to the dealership to reprogram the nats modules to a new ecu, even tho swapping in the ecu was the same code. i could be wrong tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.