B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, do any of u guys know the dimensions of the bolt that goes on the stock heat shield? my jackass mechanics lost the bolts and won't replace or pay for'em so i gotta get them myself.... thx

·
autox n00b
190 Posts
gmoney5588 said:
hey guys, do any of u guys know the dimensions of the bolt that goes on the stock heat shield? my jackass mechanics lost the bolts and won't replace or pay for'em so i gotta get them myself.... thx
i'm in the same boat - was gonna pop by home depot tomorrow and match up with one of my other heat shield bolts. but if somebody knows, it'll save me a good 5 minutes of looking :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i already know that, but i'd prefer if i can get it from here cause i hate calling pp..... and i want it cause i wanna go back completely stock, in every single detail. =P

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
gmoney5588 said:
yeah i already know that, but i'd prefer if i can get it from here cause i hate calling pp..... and i want it cause i wanna go back completely stock, in every single detail. =P
oh... ok...

That makes sense then. Nah I cant help ya on that one. I know some of them were 12mm heads the others were 14mm I believe...

·
Informed Lurker
2,453 Posts
~The_Duke~ said:
If you call a nissan dealer and tell them which bolts you are talking about they can look up the bolt size, thread, length for you.

Why do you need the header heat shield anyway?
not quite. i wanted just the brake bolt with the hole in it to put into the caliper, and nissan diddnt give me any information. 5 bucks for that damn screw.

chevy or ford would give you the information and everything.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
chiquae07 said:
not quite. i wanted just the brake bolt with the hole in it to put into the caliper, and nissan diddnt give me any information. 5 bucks for that damn screw.

chevy or ford would give you the information and everything.
Well you werent enough of an a*shole then, cas my dealership started to give me **** about it, tried to sell me an O2 sensor, tried sell me other stuff, gave me the I dont know what you are talking line, then I told me to let me talk to your boss. Then the boss looking it up for me. All I wanted to know was the thread size and thread pitch of the O2 sensor bung... lol

·
Informed Lurker
2,453 Posts
~The_Duke~ said:
Well you werent enough of an a*shole then, cas my dealership started to give me **** about it, tried to sell me an O2 sensor, tried sell me other stuff, gave me the I dont know what you are talking line, then I told me to let me talk to your boss. Then the boss looking it up for me. All I wanted to know was the thread size and thread pitch of the O2 sensor bung... lol
well, i wouldnt see any point on being an *******, as my family goes to this dealership whenever we need something. hell, they know me by name. its just not told by nissan fast or anything. just a part number and thats it.

oh and my heat shield is starting to rattle like crazy too. anything wrong with just taking it off?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
chiquae07 said:
oh and my heat shield is starting to rattle like crazy too. anything wrong with just taking it off?
Nissan doesn't spend money putting stuff on there that isn't necessary. Removing heat shields raise the temp of the engine compartment which shortens life of rubber and electronic components.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Call and see if your auto parts store has the little "key ring looking thing" of thread sizes. it has every thread pattern on it with the size labled on it, they will usually let you take that out to the car to match it up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm at work now so I can't help much, but when I get off I'll try to remember to take a look for you... If you haven't found out already.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol i haven't found out yet... i went to my local dealer and they started asking for my vin and sh*t and was telling it they would have to custom order it from the factory, so i just walked out... i think imma try another dealer in few days.... but can someone please measure it for me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
well of course they're not going to have a hundreds of boxes sitting in the backroom full of all the different sized screws and bolts that are in our car, they are going to have to special order them, its really not that big of a deal, just takes maybe a week or two, your really just wasting your time that heatshield is just so dumb people dont try to touch the header

·
Registered
2 Posts
well of course they're not going to have a hundreds of boxes sitting in the backroom full of all the different sized screws and bolts that are in our car, they are going to have to special order them, its really not that big of a deal, just takes maybe a week or two, your really just wasting your time that heatshield is just so dumb people dont try to touch the header
They are M6 25mm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts