B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people have been mentioning Hotshot making headers for the B15 SR20. Some of you out there might already have headers on your B15 SR20, I don't know. My big question is, Where's your Cat??? These stock exhaust systems are made with a close-coupled cat. The cat is actually built into the exhaust manifold. If you put headers on, you would have to put a cat somewhere else. Can you use a cat off a '98 SE-R. Where do you locate it? Is there a mounting kit for locating under the car or do you have to jury rig it. Will i fit in the center tunnel? How much is this all gonna cost? Would about emission performance? Please let me know. Headers is the one mod I am dyin' for!!!

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited February 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
124 Posts
The header bolts right to your car.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well as far as what i understand is that the headers when produced are supposed to be a direct bolt-on so it shouldn't need any modification to be attached,,,,but like i said that's just what i was told.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

G

·
The Cat on the SE is located just forward of the midpoint of the car. An aftermarket header doesn't interfere with the cat in any way. They just bolt right up in place of the stock manifold. The SR20DE does NOT use a cat bolted straight to the manifold.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I heard it was a straight bolton, no mod needed.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

[This message has been edited by azninvazion (edited February 28, 2001).]

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
Dam I always thought I needed a new cat because my old one would be stuck to the old exhaust manifold. I thought someone said to get a SER cat. I was looking at a picture of some headers and I saw a peice that looked like a test pipe connected to it. Is this peice supposed to replace the cat or is the cat supposed to go after it?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Danny i'm pretty sure the cat stays on the car,,,the haeders bolt on-to it ....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys need to take a closer look at your stock manifold. The cat is built into the manifold. This change began with the 2000 SR20. Many new cars are resorting to this for emissions reasons. A close-coupled cat lights off more quickly than the old location. I am almost positive it is a close coupled cat. If you don't believe me, read the SCC June 2000 article on the Sentra SE. This was their number one complaint about the car.

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited March 01, 2001).]

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
So the b15s have it connected, but the b14 will be a bolt on. What is Hotshot's phone number? I would like to get a copper gasket from them. I just picked up some Focuz headers. I hope they perform well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts