B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is recommended. both are reputable compannies. both have been used on this bbs.

pro? cons?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't actually know but I'll tell you this much I'll have one of them on really soon :D

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the hotshot headers and am very happy the power increase is very noticable but you have to extend the second o2 sensor and mount it behind the cat otherwise the check engine light will come on, the stillen is also a good company and im sure that they perform equally as well, but i have no personal experience with them.

------------------
2kSentra se w/pp heatwave
jwt pop, hs headers, smc ss, tint, custom exhaust, timing 18 degrees, momo combat shift knob

G

·
You'll have to modify any header that you buy right now. No one has a B15 specific header yet. Hotshot is working on one, but I think it will be a little while before we see it because of the O2 sensor problem. Since the o2 sensor has to be mounted on the mid-pipe, it will be difficult for hotshot to sell the header as a "bolt-on" part.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- AEBS 4-1 Header
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Place Racing CAI (2 weeks and counting)
- Stillen Front Spoiler

·
Registered
623 Posts
both headers r good, but either one of them have it specifically for our cars.

stillen has a 4-1 header and hotshot has 4-2-1 headers.

if ur gonna be dragging, i would suggest 4-1 which is good for top end, but u'll loose alot on the low and mid end.
with 4-2-1, u'll gain more mid end for street drivability and top end, but not as much as 4-1.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chinoworld: i guess i want to get the 4-2-1. who seels those, stillen or hotshot. i am going to order that soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hotshot sells the 4-2-1

------------------
2kSentra se w/pp heatwave
jwt pop, hs headers, smc ss, tint, custom exhaust, timing 18 degrees, momo combat shift knob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hotshot is the header for the street and NA applications. The Stillen and AEBS are more suited towards NOS applications and road racing.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
15 Posts
STILLENs new headers are an improvement over the previous 4-2-1 setup. You still get more top end power without the lose of any low or mid. That is why STILLEN doesn't offer the 4-2-1 anymore. I have the 4-1 Header and haven't had any low or mid range power lose.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, Stillen Headers, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered
623 Posts
4-1 without low and mid end loss? that is impossible... did u dyno it before and after? or do they have a dyno sheet.

there will be too lil back pressure with a 4-1 during low and mid end to create the hp and torque.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
(sorry if i sound redundant)so you have to relocate the second 02 sensor after the cat..... does that mean that you mount it right on the mid-pipe?????... i need to know so I can get the stromung before my header comes

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i see..... makes sense... i guess hotshot will just be sending the header with the sensor to let me do the mod myself.... hey

Jo$h..... did you ever end up getting the stromung mid-pipe.... are you running your headers with the mid-pipe now??

oh...... and thanks for the info :D

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
149 Posts
im running the stealthy stock exhaust until for now, im debating with myself on whether or not ill be getting the stromung mid pip and apexi n-1

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

[This message has been edited by Jo$H (edited April 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i think im going to go with the stromung mid-pipe w/ the stock muffler to keep it sleeperish....... but i want the mid-pipe to maximize air flow...... cant have it stop after the header... might as well keep it going :D

------------------
SDsr20de858 pics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts