B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was talking to this guy Stan Fuller and he owns a custom header company that makes custom headers for mainly older vehicles and muscle cars....
So I was talking to him one day and I popped the Question about making them for us and this is what he replied
"I can custom build a set on your car for you and then make fixtures and bending patterns for you and then we can produce them for you to market"

What does everyone think of this ????
And who lives in WA?????

His website is www.stans-headers.com

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds really good as long as you can get a pricing on that, what would be the diameter of each pipe? and is it going to be a 4 to 1(1 piece) or a 4 to 2 to 1(2 piece)? As long as the work is good, and you can get it so the SES light stays off, then am probably in. let me know please.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
78 Posts
That would be nice. All you need now is a car.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE
Inferno with HyperWhite lights
PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Whats the estimated price?

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is he building a shorty focus style header to leave the cat in place, or is he a building a remove-the-cat header a la $tillen and Hotshot?

Back to CARB again, the shorty will make less power but will not obviously fail visual. It may be possible to stick the factory heat shield back on and hide it a little so the tech doesn't catch it. What the tech will catch is no cat.

The "full-size" header will make more power though. A thought for those who don't have a visual inspection or are building dedicated track cars.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know the diameter of the pipping or whether or not it's gonna be 4-1 or 4-2-1 but that's something that I'll have to figure out first but I wanna see if people would actually be interested or not......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
446 Posts
if all the details are worked out i'd be interested

-ill

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Gene, I'd be in as long as it can pass the sniffer and the details are worked out. You know my need for power and no problems with this and that. I just want to put it on! :)

I'd probably put this in, seeing that I'll be here in VA for awile. Once I'm back in Cali, it'll be a different story. CARB and these emissions here in VA is killin me. :(

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
623 Posts
gene, theres no difference about getting a custom header build. unless he will be putting in a cat on the header itself so the check light wont come on. then wuts the point of getting the headers?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'm in... check engine light won't be a problem...as long as the fittings are there for both o2 sensors and no extensions are needed. just wrap aluminum foil around the sensor that's supposed to be after the car and tie it down with wire... that shields it from excessive exhaust and will fool the ecu

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkwing105:
i'm in... check engine light won't be a problem...as long as the fittings are there for both o2 sensors and no extensions are needed. just wrap aluminum foil around the sensor that's supposed to be after the car and tie it down with wire... that shields it from excessive exhaust and will fool the ecu

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly how does this work? my MIL light is pissing me off due to my custom header. we put the o2 sensor in but the change in temp still triggered this? im still kinda vague on how you explained it, would like to know more, thanks.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
56 Posts
the first o2 sensor is just a baseline for the ecu... the second o2 sensor which is after the catalytic converter is supposed to see if the cat is working...ie it should read "cleaner" exhaust... if you use a test pipe (straight thru pipe) like i had on my civic or use a header which replaces a manifold/cat like our b15's you need to fool the ecu somehow so you don't get the check engine light... by wrapping the second 02 sensor with foil, you reduce the exhaust it can sense and it gives a "cleaner" reading... i heard if you just let the o2 sensor hang and you close up the sensor hole it works also

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkwing105:
the first o2 sensor is just a baseline for the ecu... the second o2 sensor which is after the catalytic converter is supposed to see if the cat is working...ie it should read "cleaner" exhaust... if you use a test pipe (straight thru pipe) like i had on my civic or use a header which replaces a manifold/cat like our b15's you need to fool the ecu somehow so you don't get the check engine light... by wrapping the second 02 sensor with foil, you reduce the exhaust it can sense and it gives a "cleaner" reading... i heard if you just let the o2 sensor hang and you close up the sensor hole it works also

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oohh...dirty guy eh?...like how you think. i should try that out. so with my header, youre sayin i dont have to touch the first o2 sensor but wrap the 2nd o2 sensor? dude, this rocks...thanks man.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
72 Posts
so with the header system you're basically have to take the cat off?

meaning every two years i have to put it back on for emission test?

sorry, i've never seen the full pix of the headers that you guys have on.

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
if the price was low enough i might be able to scrounge for pennies to get in on something, but i think i'd prefer the shorty style that leaves the cat on for the sake of possibly passing an inspection, and not haveing to change exhausts every two years for emmisions testing. just call me environmentally responsible ;)

------------------
"If i cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Driving Illini:
if the price was low enough i might be able to scrounge for pennies to get in on something, but i think i'd prefer the shorty style that leaves the cat on for the sake of possibly passing an inspection, and not haveing to change exhausts every two years for emmisions testing. just call me environmentally responsible ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually really agree with you, especially for the state inspections. I'm not really into removing the cat at all. I'll settle for a shorty. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your not removing the cat.....From what I noticed when I was looking under there I saw the pipe going from the enging going into another pipe that has a FLEX COUPLER on it that bolted right up to the cat.....

Is the FLEX COUPLER what everyone's calling a cat???????

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
623 Posts
ok guys, seem like ur getting confused here. hehe...

heres how our exh looks like

\| |/ headers/cat #1/o2 sensor #1
|
l___<=> __o___[[][]]___{}_____000000=
flex coup
o2 sensor #1
cat #2
resonator
muffler

when u guys put on an after market header ie hs or stillen, it'll remove cat #1. and theres a o2 sensor there before cat #1 to check on the exh air coming out.
then to o2 sensor which is locate aft of the flex coup to check on the exh air. and this is where the headers will end.
oem cat #2 will usually stay in place unless u change it to a high flow one.
some people have relocated their o2 senor #2 aft of cat #2 which fools the computer, since theres no sensor #3.

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
so another words, we're removing half of the emitions control system. wouldnt that still have undesirable effects when it comes to passing emitions controls tests?

------------------
"If i cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact emissions standards and how our B15's do on against them, but I would suspect that removing a cat will definitely affect emissions levels. It's one thing to replace, it's another entirely to remove smog equipment. Plus, the car definitely runs dirtier at cold startup, the time when all cars run their dirtiest.

I personally would want a shorty header with a coupling plate, and I would also get a Random Technologies catalytic converter to bolt up, so I could make the top part of the exhaust go with my Stromung setup.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts