B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darkside, I know you have them, and anyone else can answer these ?'s. Ok, were they hard to put on, has anything negative happened during installation and on, and finally how do you like it? I mean, do they make a sweet sound, better gains in high or low gears, etc. Just how do they feel 'n' what not. Maybe I'll get and exhaust and headers instead of rims.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
youll feel the power increase and it will only be louder if youve got an exhaust. The whole thing bolts on/off just takes time and a helper is always good.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
azninvazion said:
Get the Rims. IMO, they are a better mod than headers.
Well that would be a better mod if he wanted to go cosmetic..
but if he wants to go performance then I would say the headers and exhaust would be the better mod to buy.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you know, are rims are awesome I think. I just listen to everyone else who says rims, rims, rims! I think some rims look worse than ours do. If anything I'd sandblast and powder coat mine white but other than that, rims are really an expensive thing to get if you already have nice ones. You know?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hokemon said:
Yeah, you know, are rims are awesome I think. I just listen to everyone else who says rims, rims, rims! I think some rims look worse than ours do. If anything I'd sandblast and powder coat mine white but other than that, rims are really an expensive thing to get if you already have nice ones. You know?
Dude, get the headers. You either have to mod for cosmetic or performance. Once you get that straight, run with it!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the thing!!! I can;t freakin decide if I want to go cosmetic or performance!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! BUT, I have another question, must you have an exhast for the headers to perform good???

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hokemon said:
That is the thing!!! I can;t freakin decide if I want to go cosmetic or performance!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! BUT, I have another question, must you have an exhast for the headers to perform good???
No but it would greatly help...
put a straw in your mouth and block the end that's out of your mouth,,,That'll represent stock exhaust...now go for a jog down the street,,and you'll notice it's very restrictive...Now keeping the straw in your mouth and un-block the the whole at the end and go for a jog,,,that'll represent getting a cat-back....Ok you with this far????
Now totaly take the straw out of your mouth,,,That'll represent a cat-back and headers,,,now if you can see from my point the exhaust is now functioning alot better cause now you've totaly opened the cars exhaling pattern... I hope any of this made sense....

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
Hokemon said:
BUT, I have another question, must you have an exhast for the headers to perform good???
you don't necessarily need the exhaust but it would be beneficial. it could cause a bottleneck effect.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
...put a straw in your mouth and block the end that's out of your mouth,,,That'll represent stock exhaust...now go for a jog down the street,,and you'll notice it's very restrictive...Now keeping the straw in your mouth and un-block the the whole at the end and go for a jog,,,that'll represent getting a cat-back....Ok you with this far????
Now totaly take the straw out of your mouth,,,That'll represent a cat-back and headers,,,now if you can see from my point the exhaust is now functioning alot better cause now you've totaly opened the cars exhaling pattern... I hope any of this made sense....
That was an awesome description, SS. Now I understand it better, too. But you're still talking 550 (Stromung cat back system) and 450? (headers) man... same price as a whole rim change, tho if your caught tryin to decide cosmetic vs performance.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I see it this way and then again it's just me..

The rims on his car should be the 16's seeing he has the SE w/pp so those rims look pretty decent already...So personaly I would go for the headers and Cat-Back now,,and stick with the stockers and just save up for those later on......Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sentra Styling said:
I see it this way and then again it's just me..

The rims on his car should be the 16's seeing he has the SE w/pp so those rims look pretty decent already...So personaly I would go for the headers and Cat-Back now,,and stick with the stockers and just save up for those later on......Just my .02 cents
I think I will do that. Awesome description too! You've been good at answering questions since the near beginning of these boards!!! :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey no prob man that's what we are here for:)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
Hey no prob man that's what we are here for:)
Yes we are, we are definitely here to help Hokemon. The reason I said to get the headers is because they are the best bolt on for our cars. You'll notice a bigger gain with the header modification.

On the other end of the stick, like what Gene was talking about is the way the car breathes. Combining headers, intake, and exhaust, your car would be off the hook. It is expensive, but the rim and tire mod will be after I get done with the engine stuff. I'm sorta devoted to the performance for now, then I'll do all the nice looking things afterwards. It'll help on the sleeper look for awile till you really show them what your car can do, and also being very appealing when you look at it. It's all your call man. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't want to open a can of worms again, but wasn't it
finally decided that installing a header would require
the removal of the first cat, thereby causing the car
to fail emissions? (at least visible, if not the sniffer)

Don't know if Hokemon has emissions testing, but it's
something to consider.

Am I right, wrong, confused? :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
UtahJ said:
I don't want to open a can of worms again, but wasn't it
finally decided that installing a header would require
the removal of the first cat, thereby causing the car
to fail emissions? (at least visible, if not the sniffer)

Don't know if Hokemon has emissions testing, but it's
something to consider.

Am I right, wrong, confused? :)

I don't know about that,,,my friend owns a 78 Mustang and he has open headers,no cats and non-restrictive mufflers and he passed the emissions with flying colors,,and in case anyone was wondering no it doesn't fall under the antique status yet...So I seriously doubt that our cars will fail the test....and most places don't check under the car anyways.....Well at least the places that I know of:)

G

·
Old car emissions are no where near as stringent as the tests for new cars. A '78 vehicle doesn't meet the same standards as a 2001 car.

No one knows whether the car will still pass. Everyone suspects that the close coupled cat is to help with cold start emissions. The 1st cat gets up to operating temp. quicker than the unit downstream. Now, once everything is going, even with the header you will still have 1 cat. That *may* be enough to get past the test. In any case, you will be minus 1 cat that you had before. The header won't improve your chances for passing! hehehe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts