B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Project disco potato
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just recently installed my Hotshot header on my spec and by the time i had finished i didn't have time to relocate the o2 sensor. my question is just to confirm whether or not it NEEDS to be done? i've driven about 2 weeks with it and it took about 3 days for the SES light to come on and when it came on it only stayed on for about 2 days and turned off again

thanks for any help for a n00b

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I've noticed I have been running rich since then.... Check your plugs out...

I've been too sick to install the o2 sim for it.. I haven't gotten my SES light in about 3 weeks since my last one btw (I clear it with the pedal commands)

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
do the relocation its so easy. all you need to do is get a muffler shop ( i had midas do it) to weld a hole for the 02 sensor behind the secondary cat. show them the 02 sensor so they know how big it has to be, etc. then get 18 gauge wire from pepboys, and extend the wires to the new location, and bam your done.

·
Project disco potato
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do u tell whether or not you are running rich? ever since my SES light has turned off my car stopped the whole popping that happens when u get a header. the car seems to be running pretty smooth the way it is right now and i haven't had any problems. I'd prefer to not do the relocation since i don't have any money right now cuz i bought the eibach sway bars :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
The sim was pretty easy to install, all you need is a wrench or visegrips to remove the O2 sensor, and ramps or jackstands to get under the car. I just removed my sensor, brought it to my kitchen table to wire up the sim, then put the sensor back. Won't take more than 30 mins.

·
300+whp
3,418 Posts
Where did you guys buy your O2 sim.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
NEVER use vice grips or an adjustable wrench to remove an O2 sensor......you will be taking a serious chance of *** king up the sensor...use the proper tools when installing parts please.....it will save you a headache and money:rolleyes:

Late,
Daniel

·
Project disco potato
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SUN_SPEC-V_04' said:
Did Your Header Have Somewhere To Screw The 02 Sensor To?
yea it did...its visible when you open the hood but the thing i don't get is why would i relocate it when its already there and i have no SES light on and i don't have any problems with it? :confused:

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
do you guys have 2 02 sensors for the exhaust manifold? it might be that the 04's only have one for the exhaust manifold and a wideband 02 sensor someplace else, but the 02-03 se-r's have 2 02 sensors, thats why we have to relocate/02 sim when we get head...ers :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Guys, '04 Spec Vs have two sensors. The difference between the '04 and '03/'02 Specs is that our second o2 sensor is located on the exhaust midpipe, not the exhaust manifold.

I've been running my header for two weeks now with no SES throws, but I'm bound to throw one eventually. What I need to know is, for sure, if our second o2 sensor is wideband or not. If it is, a generic o2 simulator (like the one from o2simulator.com) will not work. I'm not sure if Casper sells o2 sims for wideband sensors.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
you're misinformed........you need to buy the O2 simulator that is made SPECIFICALLY for your 04 Spec.......when i bought my O2 simulator from Capsers they didn't have the 03 simulators done yet and when they finished them they sent to me.......the 02 and 03 O2 simluators are different b/c the ECM reads the O2 sensors differently for the 02 than the 03......just call them and ask them if they have an O2 simulator yet for the 04 Spec and if not how soon (847)247-0484

Late,
Daniel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts