B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a complete pulley kit for my 2000 SE but $400 for the full set seems a bit much if I buy it direct from unorthodox... I saw a post for a group buy but it was old...

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
does courtesy carry the pulley set for the GXE 01? I know unorthodox makes pulleys for the 1.8L, and so does underdrive, so i was wondering

·
Registered
111 Posts
i know that unorth makes just one pulley for the 1.8L. its the crank pulley which gives u about 5-9 HP. but i ahve never heard of underdrive? is that a company? is so who makes the whole 4 pulley set for the 1.8L.:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
NiSentraGXE2k said:
i know that unorth makes just one pulley for the 1.8L. its the crank pulley which gives u about 5-9 HP. but i ahve never heard of underdrive? is that a company? is so who makes the whole 4 pulley set for the 1.8L.:confused:
He means Unorthodox offers an "Underdrive" pulley. It replaces the stock crank pulley. They weight less than stock, and are usually smaller in diameter.

The cheapest I've seen the U.R. sinlge pulley for the 1.8L is $189

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Unorthodox site has a higher horsepower gain if you use the whole set... I don't know if it's true since most of the power I think comes from underdriving and not the decrease in weight like they claim... Being that the other than the crank pulley the others are the same diameter as stock I don't see how they get more ponies from the whole kit... correct me if I'm wrong...

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
no, the company underdrive.....goto www.ptuning.com and look up the 2000 or 2001 Sentra and it shows underdrive pulleys for the 1.8. they are not made by unorthodox. I'd like to get pulleys for my 1.8 but I'm not sure which to get, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
chimmike said:
no, the company underdrive.....goto www.ptuning.com and look up the 2000 or 2001 Sentra and it shows underdrive pulleys for the 1.8. they are not made by unorthodox. I'd like to get pulleys for my 1.8 but I'm not sure which to get, etc.
Dude, Underdrive is not a brand that I've heard of. That's just what they're called...underdrive pulleys.

I even searched where you said and found nothing.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts