B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is it that sometimes shifting is super smooth..but other times, especially when coming out of first, it feels like there is some piece of metal in there trying to lock me out of a gear ?

this happens at random times it seems...i will enter 2nd or 3rd and there is more effort required to actually get it in. its really annoying.

anyone else experience this ?

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Welcome to the joys of shifting a Spec V! Mine's the same way, even after a TWM SS and Royal Purple gear oil. It's not as bad now, but still gets a little funky sometimes. But my buddy's Spec V shifts like butter. I just don't get it! Oh well, good luck!

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
i have an 04 and it shifts just fine, its clunky but I like it because you can feel it go from 3rd hits neutral and then his 4th, feels nice to me... it does occasionally pop in neutral... but thats very RARE otherwise no problems... cept 2nd gear grind, but that seems to have faded out?? heh mightve been that onion someone dropped into some hole in my console BASTARD! ;) g/l figuring it out bro... maybe you need to change the tranny fluid... how many miles?

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Clunky is good . :D

You guys complaining would hate the Dogbox-style gears in a Rally car . :D Talk about a hard & loud clunk , but purposefully so . :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
After driving my car hard at track/autoX event my shift got real tight for awhile. It didn't want to come out of gear, I had to give it a good pop to throw it in neutral. Funny thing is I had just drained and refilled the tranny the day before with Redline for the second time. Not sure why it did it? I'm hoping its not tranny problems or the dreaded bent cable (yes I have a B&M). Car has been fine since.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an 03 Spec-V with about 25k miles on it now. And it is sometimes impossible to get into 4th gear without shifting to 5th first then downshifting. Taking it to the dealer for that and some other problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will putting that royal purple in help the clunkiness or would the ss help more. When should you change the tranny fluid, mine has about 12g on it now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same prob. Sometimes it jumps out of 1st and sometimes its clunky going into 2nd and/or 3rd.Even downshifting gets rough, but when I slow down, it gets better.

Go figure...:(

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
Pop off the plastic console-thingy around the shift boot and put some lithium grease on all the moving parts. Like buttahhhh!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts