B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been having this really weird feeling in the steering wheel when i start a turn, it feels like the wheel shakes a bit and is hesitant to turn in. i'm thinking the problem could be caused by me changing my front tires (from the stock contis to BF goodrich drag radials) every weekend. i checked my wheel bolts, and they don't show any sign of abuse. i always use a torque wrench and torque the lug nuts to around 90 lbs-ft. i also have like 20k miles on my spec, so could it be time for some new power steering fluid or something? or do i need an alignment?

·
Registered
272 Posts
The balance might be off when you had the tires installed. I would take it to a tire shop and ask them to check the balance and they will let you know if your rim is bent or if you need to just balance them. The slow turn in could be caused from a mis-alignment, but it shouldn't shake at all. You might want to check and make sure all your tie-rod's and strut bolts are tight and if something's loose it could cause vibration.

If everything comes out fine it might just be that the tires ride that way, which is true for a lot of HP tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts