B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Sentra SE is turning 5K miles as we speak. This weekend, I checked the oil when I was cleaning the car. It was 1/2 quart low, with about 2K miles on the oil. Prior to this, it hasn't used any measurable quantity of oil. I am somewhat concerned that it has used so much oil recently. I've checked the oil a couple of times since I did the oil change and didn't see any oil usage, so it must be something new. There is no oil on the garage floor, so I assume it isn't leaking.

I went to the track yesterday, so I am gonna check the oil again today to see if it is any lower today.

I run Mobil 1 5W-30 oil. I switched to synthetic oil at around 500 miles. It will be interesting to see if this oil usage continues over the next couple of weeks. After that, it will be the new owners problem!

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
446 Posts
what did you run at the track?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package-Place Racing CAI- Stromung Full Cat-back- Custom Grille-Pioneer DEHP 7300 + 4x TS-1675's-
[email protected] mph

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea. Unfortunately it's already the Owners problem. They usually say or used to say any consumption less than 1 qt./500 miles is "OK. Thats total bull $$****. The car would have to be manufacture without rings. Anyway I switched to Mobil 1 also at 30 miles and it has used absolutely no oil in the first 3K. How dark is the oil at 2K. My experience is that the cleaner the oil stays the lower the oil consumption.

A qt/2K is too much to suit me, but it's still gonna be acceptable to the manufacturer.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts