B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a lot more power out of the GXE, and obviously n/a on the 1.8 is pointless for the prices. while these mods will be done next spring/summer i want to know, what will be the best route to go.
boost the motor on stock internals, downfalls i see=still 5 spd, no lsd, and only 200ish hp, for like 3-4 grand.
spec v motor and tranny swap good things=6spd lsd, cvtc now...don't know if that's a huge difference, slightly more reliable
downfall=only 160...170hp?? idk enought about them
last option is sr20det swap, but i know nothing about this, and i'd still have the 5spd

any opinions welcome, just looking to find out how much i'd be looking to spend in the end (self installation, but tuning for the turbo option) how hard is the wiring and things like that for the qr25 swap, just any opinions will be helpful

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
Or, buy a fast car next time so that you won't have to make it fast. ;)

I've given up on "performance" mods. College car is what this is, and it's what it'll stay. Suspension is the only worthwhile modding category on a N/A 1.8L.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
extreme_serene said:
Or, buy a fast car next time so that you won't have to make it fast. ;)

I've given up on "performance" mods. College car is what this is, and it's what it'll stay. Suspension is the only worthwhile modding category on a N/A 1.8L.
I have to disagree, I have had the privledge of beating many civic's, with full bolt-on's and nos or either turbo, low to mid 14's seem good enough for me with great internals :cool:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
when cams finally happen to show up, the qg18de will have that top-end edge everyone including me, has been wanting to see

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
GT-R said:
I have to disagree, I have had the privledge of beating many civic's, with full bolt-on's and nos or either turbo, low to mid 14's seem good enough for me with great internals :cool:
Are you running NOS? Umm...that is forced induction, "boost" in a sense, so it is not N/A.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Swapping a qr is pointless. You have much research to do before you do anything....and I'd bet the farm that you will neither turbo or do a swap....after all the costs add up, you realize it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
f that, there's no way i'm gettin rid of the car until after college, so it aint gonna stay 1.8 na
i'm around honda heads, they all do swaps, so why not, i'm gonna do something, so plz no more alternate suggestions, besides swap suggestions
thanx

·
Hakuna Matata, bishes!
2,354 Posts
Well...in case you haven't noticed, there's a lot more competition in the Honda aftermarket, so prices are lower on parts. The same quality header as a HS on a B15 in comparisson to a header for a Civic is about 150 dollars less...they can get the same quality header for their car at around 225-250, while we're paying ~400.

Swaps are the same way...all of the parts, pieces, and engines themselves cost far less because they're so abundantly made and pulled from wrecked cars. As for Sentra's, the one's that aren't even made anymore have more parts than the Sentra's currently being made...seriously, take a look at how much stuff you can get for Classic SE-R's and B14 200SX's...they have about 10 times more stuff than all of the B15 stuff combined.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
The only thing worth swapping in is a sr20det, or a sr20de and then turboing it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only thing worth swapping in is a sr20det, or a sr20de and then turboing it....
thank you, these are the answers i'm looking for,
how much am i looking at to get this motor, and what to the sr20det fwd come out of?

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Pimpride swapped an sr20det into his car, so you can PM him and ask him.
www.jgycustoms.com seems to be a pretty popular place for buying engines and asking questions.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Well the swap is going to cost you a lot....

-SR20det from a Bluebird or GTi-R
-a B15 SE crossmember
-b15 se tranny or primera bellhousing w/ spec V trany, or spec v tranny w/ adapter plate
-b15 axles
-b14 ECU (I think)

I say after parts, labor (if you're not going to do it yourself), and other misc/important parts I know I forgot you're going be spending alot of money.

Trust me when I say this:
Save your money buy a project car. If you want to keep up with the honda guys, get a honda. Or like I said before look for an s13 240sx shell or a b13 se-r. I found a 240sx near my house for only $600 and its in pretty good condition. That way you'll have no down time on your car. Plus you'll have a reliable car (you're GXE) and a fast car (project car). With the money that you'd spend on your swap or turbo project or what ever you want to do with your GXE you could have a really nice/quick project car and still have a back up car on top of that.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
i<3mysentra said:
thank you, these are the answers i'm looking for,
how much am i looking at to get this motor, and what to the sr20det fwd come out of?

The ones that are swapped in are the ones available from AWD cars.. AWD Nissans have transverse engines so they Intake manifold and Emissions stuff pretty much drops in. If your looking to get a tranny too.. Id suggest getting A Newer SE transmission.. Albeit your likely to murder the Viscous coupling with boost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts