B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let's say i install aem cold air intake header, exhaust and a pulley how much hp will i be putting to the ground with a auto.

Further down the road is a company going to develop more part for the 1.8l or not is it woth it spending money init or not
who has modified their gxe and what modification have they done.
no turbo

·
Registered
806 Posts
mustang302 said:
let's say i install aem cold air intake header, exhaust and a pulley how much hp will i be putting to the ground with a auto.

Further down the road is a company going to develop more part for the 1.8l or not is it woth it spending money init or not
no turbo
Well Fluid1 puts down....drumroll please.....93 hp with his modified QG18......

·
Registered
941 Posts
Our club has a dyno day tomorrow, the only thing I have is a Hotshot CAI. We'll see how little my GXE Auto really puts out.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Look at the NPM QG18DE section. With headers and CAI the gxe 5-speed put down 112 whp and 119 tq. Besides Cam's and ECU, there isn't much more that could be done to the car. The thing that is lacking is part choices, but the parts themselves are out there.

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
no turbo? what are you looking for, performance wise? You do the bolt ons (I/H/E) and you may get just over 100 at the wheels but maybe not with the auto. I really wonder what you're wanting out of said GXE. I think chimmike has the right idea with the turbo though.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Re: Re: gxe performance

TheRealFatabbot said:
Well Fluid1 puts down....drumroll please.....93 hp with his modified QG18......

no way only 93hp?
u gotta be kidding me

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
yea bro turbo is the only way to go with the gxe gettin past 100hp at the wheels will be tough with just plain bolt ons my friend has a 5-speed with about 102 but thats with i/e/h/and something else he did

·
the forgotten b15'er
378 Posts
mustang302 said:

no turbo

if you mod, go for something big like a custom turbo, supercharger, or get nitrous. otherwise don't bother because you will spend a lot of money for very little power.

If you can't afford those mods, you could do handling work and enjoy that aspect. It would give you a much better bang for the buck than turning your car from a 17.5 to a 17.0 1/4 mile sedan. (symbolic numbers prolly not accurate)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah, if you're looking for a bigger, and not so expensive for the power, go nitrous. I'm planning on it, until I go f/i (who knows when I'll get the fundage for that dream).

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
Re: Re: Re: gxe performance

ZixxSpeed said:
no way only 93hp?
u gotta be kidding me
the gxe auto from the factory is not exactly.......er....a performance based vehicle.

its an amazing machine /vince

·
Registered
229 Posts
<~~a newbie to anything relating to cars.
can someone give me the explanation between hp, whp, and torque? id do a search but i wouldnt know where to start being that searching for any one of these things will only bring me numbers and no explanations. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
929 Posts
xion said:
<~~a newbie to anything relating to cars.
can someone give me the explanation between hp, whp, and torque? id do a search but i wouldnt know where to start being that searching for any one of these things will only bring me numbers and no explanations. thanks in advance.

whp is when u dyno ur car how much horsepower is at the wheels

hp is usually when ur buyin a car what the manufacterer lists as it horsepower. and this is usually taken at the crank so the numbers are bigger. when power goes from crank to the wheels a certain percent it lost.

torque is kinda tricky.......ill let someone else field this question

·
Registered
229 Posts
FLSPEC-VRACER18 said:
whp is when you dyno your car how much horsepower is at the wheels

hp is usually when your buyin a car what the manufacterer lists as it horsepower. and this is usually taken at the crank so the numbers are bigger. when power goes from crank to the wheels a certain percent it lost.
ah i see, so basically what matters is whp. thanks. =) still awaiting response on torque.

·
Registered
247 Posts
XE..dont' ever have a tach...so if you want performance..don't waste your money on CAI like me..and buy a spec/v. Don't mod it, keep your warranty and save money.

·
Registered
128 Posts
GXE's aren't really as slow as people think (as long as you have a standard)... I raced my friend with a 240sx (standard) and nearly beat him...

1 - 20 of 184 Posts