B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my trans is hard to get into gear when moving and when it is stopped. My car has approx. 250 miles on it and I was wondering if it is normal and just needs to be broken in. I made sure that I was pressing the clutch pedal all the way down but the problem is still there. It feels like it grinds just a very little bit when I'm changing gears. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you have floormats, make sure they're not getting caught up under the pedal.

------------------
I'm not afraid of the redline, reaching it before I pull the lever. A Chevy owner found this out in a side-street race endeavor.At 6500 RPM my Jap 4-banger flew on by him. As the man shook his head he knew he'd ben bettered. He stuck his head out of the car and yelled "Man, that thing can REV FOREVER!"

·
Registered
605 Posts
give it to the dealer, you could be f*cking up your gearbox. It could just be normal, but we don't know how bad it is since we haven't driven it.

I can tell you that in my SE I sometimes grind second when I can swear that I hit the clutch fully! It only happens about once every week. Then again, I am usually not concentrating on the clutch since it becomes second nature.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Gears should not grind even a little period. It can happen going down into first if either you are moving or have not waited long enough after pressing the clutch. Be patient. If you go to second and then up into 1 st when you are stopped that will help. Downshifting to slow down is a mistake under most conditions, especially with front wheel drive and slipery conditions. You may do a donut. If you must downshift tap the accelerator a little to get the rpm up while you have the clutch pressed in.

If you match the rpm of the engine with the speed the thing will shift easier. Takes a little practice. Don't try it but when you get good you can shift without the clutch (except for getting into first when stopped) Damn I should not have told you that.

Yea anyway gears shouldn't gring.

If you are new to the clutch gig don't try to get too advanced till you really got the hang of it.
Notice I have autotrans now wife wouldn't budge-its her car-damn.
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
560 Posts
Make sure the clutch pedal is depressed fully. That means MOVE THE SEAT FORWARD!!!
Have someone show you good manual driving.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artem:
Make sure the clutch pedal is depressed fully. That means MOVE THE SEAT FORWARD!!!
Have someone show you good manual driving.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done that. I know how to drive stick. I have bought a new car every year since I was 18 (i'm 26 now) and only three of them were automatics. There is definately a problem here. I'm taking it to the dealer Mon. I'll let everyone know what i find out.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea man. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence or abilities. Sounds like a trip to the Dr. is in order.

Later
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by adc100:
Yea man. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence or abilities. Sounds like a trip to the Dr. is in order.

Later
Al

[/QUOTE}]
No offense taken. I understand where you are coming from. I should have let you know what I have already tried in the initial post. Thanks for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts