B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to take off the GXE logo on my rear part of car, but i dont know how and willl it leave discoloration where it used to be. how many of yoou have done this, and did it come out good.

also i am getting three stromung rear muffler in early next week(in the mail), and i want ot know if somebody has instrucions on how t odo it, because i know absolutly nothing on installig anyting.

------------------
2k Sentra GXE, auto
-added spoiler and factory foglights

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
There just stickers. Use some goof off or something like that. It shoudln't leave any discoloration, but that depends on how much the car has been in the sun.

·
Registered
816 Posts
So I assume that you're just getting the rear muffler section, right? Well, then just lift up the back of your car using jackstands or ramps. Don't EVER work on your car while it is on the factory jack...you're just waiting for an accident to happen.

Using a 14mm socket, loosen the 2 bolts that are connecting the stock muffler to the midpipe. Then take off the 3 rubber hangers off the car (when you get the Stromung, you will see where the location of the stock hangers are.) To install the stromung, just do the opposite. I found it easier to put the rubber hangers on the stromung, then put it onto the car.

·
Registered
347 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
So I assume that you're just getting the rear muffler section, right? Well, then just lift up the back of your car using jackstands or ramps. Don't EVER work on your car while it is on the factory jack...you're just waiting for an accident to happen.

Using a 14mm socket, loosen the 2 bolts that are connecting the stock muffler to the midpipe. Then take off the 3 rubber hangers off the car (when you get the Stromung, you will see where the location of the stock hangers are.) To install the stromung, just do the opposite. I found it easier to put the rubber hangers on the stromung, then put it onto the car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kids this is why you don do crack and get on the internet. :)

------------------
Car:
2001 Sentra GXE
Mods:
yea right

Hey look thats me :) boy ant i a cute one?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sinner, I believe John was replying to the exhaust question that the guy was asking about. I do think that he should have asked it in the Performance Forum, or even used the search function. I did an install write up, but it's in the Performance Forum. :)

If the GXE logos were anything like my old GXE logos, all you have to do is peel them off. They did leave a discoloration, but it wasn't noticable much.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a GXE and I took off the GXE and Sentra logos. they're just like stickers. they only stay on there with adhesive that you can peel off. mine didn't leave any discoloration. there was some of the adhesive left behind but i used some bug and tar remover to clean it all up.
(the back of the car looks so much cleaner without them)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts