B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has already been posted, or whatever, but Travis is running a group buy over on MySpecV for improved shifter linkage bushings. The basic idea is to replace the stock crappy rubber ones with solid Nylatron to greatly improve the feel of the shifter. For more specifics on what exactly it is, see here.

It wasn't too hard to get 50 people to say they were in for this, but then the hurricane season struck Louisiana again and delayed the whole project by a couple months.

Travis paid out of pocket to get these things made, planning to collect the money after they were ready to ship. And now a whole bunch of people who committed to pay, are totally screwing him over and backing out.

So, the "group buy" has basically been opened to first come, first served, and there are somewhere in the area of 20 or more sets of bushings still available.

Anyway, if you haven't heard about this, and you want a set, head on over to the group buy thread http://myspecv.com/f/view_topic.php?id=163956 for instructions on how to pay.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
I couldn't find an answer i need: will this fit my 02 SE-R 5 speed? If so, i got $45 for dat Cajun. :D I've heard the 5 speed shifts a bit better than the 6, so i ask.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
orangelloSE-R said:
I couldn't find an answer i need: will this fit my 02 SE-R 5 speed? If so, i got $45 for dat Cajun. :D I've heard the 5 speed shifts a bit better than the 6, so i ask.
I'm actually not sure. I posted your question in the thread. If you could provide a picture of where the shifter linkage attaches to the transmission that might help get an answer.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
Thanks! I'll try to get a pic tonight.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yea come on b15'ers trav is taking steps to provide us with parts that do something and isn't taking the money first then making the product after. He also has 2 more items in the works once this group buy has cleared.

1. FULL motormount inserts. (Stock rubber pressed out and WHOLE new Nylatron piece pressed in.) Which is WAY better than shotty ES MMI's which tear like paper.

2. Then he has alluminum crossmember inserts in the works which will replace the $5 washer mod. His version will efectively eliminate foreward and reward motion in the crossmember caused my the gap around the actual bolt created by removing the stock rubber bushing.

These 2 items will effectively correct our wheelhop problem.

He is making actual moves and doing it very professionally. For those of you here who still own/enjoy your Spec V this is a good opportunity to add to the parts list that is already pretty thin. Who knows? Maybe he has bigger things to come too!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
orangelloSE-R said:
I'm guessing it would, but lets hear back. I'll help the cause.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't gotten an answer back from Travis yet, but, in looking at this page on CourtesyParts, it appears that all 2002-2003 QR25 transmissions, 5-speed or 6-speed, use the same shifter linkage. So the bushings should be the same for the 2002 5-speed SE-R as they are for the 2002 Spec V.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Subscribed.

The B&M short shifter helps to some degree. Had to modify it greatly from original after it tried to kill me on the highway. B&M didn't really seem to care.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still looking for an answer on whether or not these will work for 5-speed SE-Rs. Like I said, based on what I'm seeing in the courtesyparts catalog, the 2002 5-speed SE-R and the 2002 Spec V used the same shifter linkage, but I'm looking for confirmation.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm sure they have the same linkage, else the short shifter wouldn't have fit.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
Hooch_SE-R said:
I'm sure they have the same linkage, else the short shifter wouldn't have fit.
Thought about that last night over a bingo session; i've never seen a different SS for the 5 speed. I'm going to order one & find out; if it doesn't fit right, i'll sell it in the classies.

edit* Paypal sent; i will try to install quickly, but i suck at timeliness.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Given all the evidence I'm just going to go ahead and say that these will work for both Spec Vs and 5-speed SE-Rs.

PayPal [email protected] $43.17 if you want in. Include your

-Full Name
-Full shipping address
-Phone number
-Year of vehicle
-Username

For other information, see the thread on myspecv. I'm not making these, shipping these, or running this, just spreading the word.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
These SHOULD fit a 5spd.. Just go out to your vehicle, and snap a few pics of the shifter linkages on the transmission.. post them up, and I'll tell you if they're work or not.

Travis

·
Registered
226 Posts
As requested...

The local 'Team Nismo' short shifter in red.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think so. I also suspect this opens up the SE 5 speed market.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah, they're beat. The 2.0 and 1.8 use more traditional solid rod linkages. Only QR trannies use the cables apparently. TWM makes a shifter for both though.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
Thanks Hooch! I got a lil busy & spaced on the pics. I will try to get mine installed ASAP & take a pic or two for the 5speeders. Thanks Travis.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts