B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Do you mean for a frounding kit type install?
I made my own, using a TB bolt, behind the ECU flange on the firewall, an alternator bolt, the sensor ground bolt on the driver's shock tower, and upgraded the batt-chassis ground. I tied them all together at the chassis ground right behind the battery.
Hope this helps- some guys have reported gains using different points, but each to his own...

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok so i want to make a grounding kit but where do i buy the wire what gauge and anything else i should know

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
im kinda lost, ive seen grounding kits on specs before but i never asked about the benefit of them. can somebody explain please?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
has anyone tried the ebay ones?

·
Registered
194 Posts
i assume it would be much cheaper to make one but i need to know the right gauge size

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Copper wire is all the same when used for grounding. (when comparing the same gauges)
No need to go spend $3 per foot for 4 gauge wire when off brand can be had for much less.
I'd guess just a few dollars to make one yourself.

·
Registered
194 Posts
so like 8 guage copper wire i checked audio stores and they want to charge like 1.00-1.05 a foot

·
Registered
194 Posts
where would i get the copper wire cheap

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
specjoe said:
so like 8 guage copper wire i checked audio stores and they want to charge like 1.00-1.05 a foot
why would you use 8 guage? go all out...2 guage :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
how many feet

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have no idea how many feet...I'd get 10-12' of 4 guage..I think I have some left over from my amp install kit :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
thats what i was assuming thanks

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
after reading that I feel that its not worth the money...the grounding spots on my car should be adequate and not deteriorated....but I bought 4 guage wire and am in the process of running the grounds as we speak :D

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Remember that there is no need to remove the factory ground wires. Current will take the path of least resistance, so adding a wire rather than replacing it will not hurt anything. Plus, its much easier to go back to stock form should you want to.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone have any ideas about what the Nissan Warranty boys will say about this???

I'm completely paranoid to do ANYTHING to my car until my warranty is up.

IMO, this is only going to help the car perform better, more efficiently, but then so does a CAI, and Nissan says they void the warranty, so...

Anyone had any experience with THAT???

And I'm heading down to Home Depot to get my wires and stuff, cheapest place to buy wiring by far. Mind you I'm in Canada, so I have no Idea if the American stores have the same line of products as us Igloo dwellers...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts