B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The total damage is $3,200 for my car. Basically, they have to replace the whole front right suspension, front bumper cover and the right front and rear wheels. Did you know that the factory rims are like $270 a piece? Damn that's expensive. Anyway, I told the shop to put on different tires rather than the Firestones. I'll be rolling on the new tires for the front and have the Firestones for the rear until I get new rims/tires. The car should be out by this week.

Can't wait to return the piece of crap Impala rental that I'm driving around and get back into my precious B15 SE :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
A little update on mine as well, my damage from my fender bender was ~$2,000. Replacing bumper, both lights(cracked brackets), grill (need to mod again),hood(woohoo) and thats it. They also said something about repainting half the front fenders on both sides so that the repainted hood doesn't stand out? I didn't understand why they dont get some paint from Nissan that EXACTly matches it, but I'm no autobody expert so I dont know. I'm taking the car in on tueday should have it by thurs!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
605 Posts
A little update on my accident. Car was estimated at 11,300 so far and is not yet totalled. The worth of the car is estimated at 15k and the damages need to be 80%. Almost to the total point!

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iLLt3cK:
A little update on mine as well, my damage from my fender bender was ~$2,000. Replacing bumper, both lights(cracked brackets), grill (need to mod again),hood(woohoo) and thats it. They also said something about repainting half the front fenders on both sides so that the repainted hood doesn't stand out? I didn't understand why they dont get some paint from Nissan that EXACTly matches it, but I'm no autobody expert so I dont know. I'm taking the car in on tueday should have it by thurs!

-iLL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paint fades over time, from factors ranging from the weather to aging. What the bodyshop has to do is feather the new paint into the old so it's not obvious the car's been wrecked.

I doubt they really need to based off the car not being that old.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts