B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really wanted this Dynaudio woofer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3047477779&category=3291 to finish off my system. Well I might add an eq, but I want it installed enough to se how it sounds and RTA's first. But I'm hoping to run a nice clean signal unadjusted. Sensitivity is 92 dB at 1W. You would have to put about 1350W into a JL 12W3v2 to get the same output as 500W into this badboy. Like I said, I may want to put an eq in (I have an old Symmetry 2 with eq card) but hopefully that was the last stereo purchase for this car. Here's what's def going in;

Nakamichi 35Z
Focal 165W 6.5" poly/kevlar 6.5 comp
Butler TubeDriver 750
Dynaudio MW190 13" sub
MA Audio HC502 high current non-reg 1ohm mono stable (for lotsa headroom)
Monster RCA's
Stinger twisted speaker wire

Once my car gets back it's off to get a roll cage. Then I'll build a box around that. I can't wait to hear this one.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
180rms and 1100peak I believe. That's a true watt rating if I've ever seen one (ie 180W is prob 0% distortion). It's 3 ohm so it should draw around 250 off the MA Audio and have room for transient peaks to 500W which is the amps 1ohm mono rating. Should be a nice match.

EDIT This amp is a high current model with a non-regulated power supply, so even though my battery is trunk mounted I might just throw a farad in there for good measure. The above ratings are at 12V. Not the answer you expected was it?

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
chillboy said:
180rms and 1100peak I believe. That's a true watt rating if I've ever seen one (ie 180W is prob 0% distortion). It's 3 ohm so it should draw around 250 off the MA Audio and have room for transient peaks to 500W which is the amps 1ohm mono rating. Should be a nice match.

EDIT This amp is a high current model with a non-regulated power supply, so even though my battery is trunk mounted I might just throw a farad in there for good measure. The above ratings are at 12V. Not the answer you expected was it?
lol!! No, it wasn't! But SWEET!! Damnit man, I want your car like I want Heidi Klum's hoo-haas mounted on my wall!

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jnaks said:
so with the dynaudio sub, why not match it with the 360x Dynaudio's. Or if you're into focals...step up to Utopias or the Auddissons?
Focals should match the Dynaudio nicely. I'm not running tons of power here so I'm looking for efficiency and the Dynaudio components aren't efficient like their subs.

Tony - can you make it on the 6th (that's Oct. dude)?

·
SHIFT_my nuts
1,862 Posts
i suppose that's somewhat true...but you still have two levels of upgrades available for the focals. in either case, this system should sound pretty good anyway. the polykevs weren't my thing...but adjusted well, i'm sure you'll have a nice sounding system.

I don't think the Nakamichi has any time adjustment...what will you be doing about that? or do you think the effect is negligible?

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Focals will be running off the tube amp, but like I said if I HAVE to run the Symmetry I will. It has delays, xover and even independant 1/3 oct eq for each channel, but I'm looking at it as dash clutter.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
The Utopia's are a waste of money IMO.. Sure, they sound great, but for the difference in the Poly-Kev's and Utopia's prices.. it's not worth it. Hell.. I like the Poly-Glass Focals!
Travis

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
chillboy said:
The Focals will be running off the tube amp, but like I said if I HAVE to run the Symmetry I will. It has delays, xover and even independant 1/3 oct eq for each channel, but I'm looking at it as dash clutter.
you could put in the sun visor if you wanted to or the rear view mirror. The symmetry is a good unit if you know how to use it and take the time to setup several presets.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
jnaks said:
...well to each his own...tho you are going a bit far with the Poly Glass imho ;)
I disagree, many people dislike the Utopias... its all about personal preference and if you prefer a cheaper set then you are real lucky in my opinion. I can only hope that I will be satisfied in the long term with my XRs... saves me a bundle and I'm happy with the sound which just means all the better for me.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To tell you guys the truth I have a sticker producer in NY that also makes them for JVC (and Playboy he says that and ours are his fav accounts) and our rep is good friends with the guy who could give me a full hookup for a multi-amp video system. But for itensive purpose of this car I thought I'd run a minimal system. I already had both amps and didn't want to spend a fortune. The speakers and deck were ebay purchases. They originally offered this system for our company van because of all the vestivals it travels to. I think I'll take them up on that in the spring. I'm just not in love with JVC.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fluid1 said:
I'm not a huge JVC fan either, lol. Dude your car is the total package. I can't even read these threads anymore. lol
Still needs roll cage, tan leather, widebody and Porsche guards red paint. Luckily winter is just around the corner, not.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Offtopic

fluid1 said:
Speaking of which, what's up with that MI kit??? You wanna 'split' one? lol
To be honest I just want to drive my car for now so I haven't looked into it fully. That sounds pretty good though. I want the rear only with flares and higher cut front quarters with the rear handles shaved. MiniSkyline style. Is my NY friend with the tan interior still around? I think I'll let these fr seats go too now that Katskins has collaborated with Konig to make V-Racing leather ones. Oops that's pretty off topic for stereo section.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts