B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am hoping you all could help me out. Recently I've been having this noise from my front suspension. Whenever the fronts are loading or unloading I have this cluck, and a metallic scratching noise.

*Background* Recently I have installed my motor mounts, and in doing so, I needed to remove the LTB. After doing the install, and reinstalling the LTB, there was noise. I then went back to my mechanic, and he torqued the lower control arm bolts to 95 ft. lbs. and the noise was gone.

Which leaves me to my question. Can the lower control arm bolts, back out or loosen by themselves if the bolt has been torqued down to spec? Will thread lock, resolve my problems for good?

Thanks.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Is the LTB hitting the crossmember?

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, infact there is alot of clearance..

·
Registered
966 Posts
what gen and brand is your header?? I believe those with earlier than gen 3 HS headers have problems with their lower tie bars hitting the header from time to time

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
ViBlue-SE-R said:
what gen and brand is your header?? I believe those with earlier than gen 3 HS headers have problems with their lower tie bars hitting the header from time to time
I believe he has a gxe...therefore there is only 1 header, hotshot, and as far as I know only 1 gen.

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if the thread lock will work? Or maybe something I am overlooking?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah I have had the same problem for months. It started right after I installed the LTB also. It has to be the genuine bolt for the control arm. I don't know if the bushing is warn or what, but I get that clanking noise whenever I change speed rapidly or go over the curb into my drive way; and it only happens when the left wheel goes up. I guess I should torque that bolt even more.

Edit: The problem is the LTB hitting the engine craddle because of so little clearance.

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See that's the thing thou. I first installed the LTB, and torqued it down to 90ft. lbs. and there ws no noise at all. Then I installed the MMI, and after reinstalling the LTB, there was noise, even after I torqued the bolts to 95ft. lbs. So can anyone help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts