B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
damn...i got pulled over twice this week....

1) my exhaust
2) i was asked to open my hood...then bam! got a ticket for my headers and intake...

i was asked to get them all to stock and get it checked.

i got a question....does anybody here know how much are the fines for these violations? im in california.

any input will be greatly appriciated. thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
there shouldnt be a happy face there...

edit: better?

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
bamer02 said:
2) i was asked to open my hood...then bam! got a ticket for my headers and intake...
Next time ask them if you they have a search warrant with your name on it. You do not consent to their search.

They're fix it tickets. I believe about $10 ro $20 a pop & you have to install all your old stuff back on before going for inspection.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car is like a sleeper...aside from my cf hood...damn...cali sucks...really...i really need to know how much the fines would be cause money is really tight for me...im a full time student and i dont get that much from my work....i might have to part out my car soon...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
thas why cali sux

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anybody here know what the fines are? or a rough estimate?

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
About $10 to $20 per mod.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: got pulled over twice this week...

SR20DE_MAN said:
Next time ask them if you they have a search warrant with your name on it. You do not consent to their search.

They're fix it tickets. I believe about $10 ro $20 a pop & you have to install all your old stuff back on before going for inspection.

yeah...but the cop said i have to go to court and pay a fine or something like that...sorry for my innosence but this is the first time ill be goin to court.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ They're just fix it tickets. At the most $20 for each mod. You're not going to get any points on your license, but now you have to go remove all the mods & put your old stuff back in. It's a [email protected]' hassle. Unless you have proof that the mods are 50 state legal & C.A.R.B. approved. Then you show up to court, show the evidence, & fight the tickets.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what about my intake and headers? he called it "emissions violations" so im thinking there would be fines...and the ticket says that its not a DISMISSIBLE VIOLATION...i dont get this stuff...

so your saying is that when i get my car back to stock and get it checked then its good to go, no need to go to court?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
bamer02 said:
damn, do you have a V-8 or V-6 under your hood? I mean.. considering you have HEADERS and all.. and 4 cylinders only require a header.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: got pulled over twice this week...

specVracing said:

damn, do you have a V-8 or V-6 under your hood? I mean.. considering you have HEADERS and all.. and 4 cylinders only require a header.

hey cmon man...im not looking for any lessons here...im looking for help...i didnt need that..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sumthinred said:
Hello McFly, that couldnt be any more obvious...a cf hood screams mods.

well...he was behind me...then he noticed my exhaust...then asked me to pop my hood...

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
bamer02 said:
well...he was behind me...then he noticed my exhaust...then asked me to pop my hood...
isnt them doing that illegal?

one of those many reasons i dont plan on moving to cali.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SR20dee said:
isnt them doing that illegal?

one of those many reasons i dont plan on moving to cali.
i think it is illegal...i should go to court...he should've a warrant...somebody said it earlier...this really sucks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
is your intake carb-exempt?, then you can just show the carb sticker to the officer to write it off.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts