B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies and gents, for everyone that got their PRI intake, please list out the parts that came with it. I got upper and lower intake tubes with hoses/clamps attached, K&N filter with clamp attached, two rubber sections for the fender cutout, instructions, sticker. Is there supposed to be some kind of MAF adaptor plate included, or is that being replaced by the flanged and threaded end plate on the lower intake tube?

The reason for my question is because their installation directions mention a red MAF adaptor plate, and I can't find one anywhere. Sure hope this isn't needed, I'm tired of waiting for stuff to show up and then have to wait further for more parts! I'm sure Maxximtl can commiserate with me...

Anyway, for the record, the whole intake is very well made. The silver powder coating is even. The welds are all closed, and there is no welding "spatter" on the inside, which is also powder coated. The two tubes appear to be mandrel bent; i.e. there aren't any crimps, wrinkles, crushed sections or welds indicating that the tubes were ever a different shape from what I'm looking at. It uses a genuine K&N filter. You even get two stickers for your car (I personally think that's where you get the extra HP on the dyno). The silver goes well with my white car, and hopefully I can slide it by the smog techies when I go in for registration.

Just on quality alone, I can strongly recommend this product, and if another group deal can be done, so much the better.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You are missing the MAF adapter? It is a thin square plate that is welded (sometimes) to a 4-5" long cylinder. The cylinder should be 2.5-3" wide. If you are missing it, call Place Racing. That is one of the most important pieces.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, heck, I thought I was the only one coherent enough to be posting right now, I'm pleasantly surprised to be wrong though.

Yes, I can't find that plate/tube. However, the lower intake tube has a very large plate welded to it, with four holes, each in a corner. I think that this entire assembly takes the place of the MAF adaptor, but I don't have another PRI CAI to compare to. And since it's late, I can't eyeball the part against the MAF assembly in the car. I'd sure hate to be halfway done with installing the CAI and all of a sudden I can't finish because I'm missing a very critical part.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aw ****, I'm a dork!

I think I just figured out what the hell is going on. I DO have the MAF adaptor plate in question, it was a matter of PRI not updating their instructions. The MAF adaptor plate I have is made of what appears to be a CNC machined piece of aluminum. The plate itself and the short tubing section are one piece, with the telltale circular machining marks on it and no discernible weld anywhere to be found, and the thing is aluminum colored, not a "red powder coated MAF adaptor plate" as the instructions read.

But, if this isn't the case...

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Yeah, I talked with Gilbert, and the instructions aren't for B15 cars. I was about to post an explaination, but it already looks like you have that covered. :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

This is the pipes that come with the intake plus the filter.....

And this is the MAF adapter plate they are talking about,,,it should already be installed on the one pipe....

G

·
PR now uses the CNC aluminum MAF adaptor plate. Non of the new intakes use the old red steel one. It will be preattached to the lower tube.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
maxximtl said:
PR now uses the CNC aluminum MAF adaptor plate. Non of the new intakes use the old red steel one. It will be preattached to the lower tube.
Yeah, now I can say that I got an old school one. :p What's the real difference again Max? I remember you explaining it before.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, I got everything then. My MAF adaptor plate is aluminum (apparently the new style).

Could someone type up some instructions? I'm pretty sure I got everything worked out, but it never hurts to have a reference guide.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
What I'm going to do is sit down and make a set up for B15's. I'll try to get that out as fast as possible. What I need to do is get all the tools that I used and write everything down. Not sure how long this is going to take, but I'm going to send that down to Gilbert so he can use it from now on.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Larry said:
Cool, I got everything then. My MAF adaptor plate is aluminum (apparently the new style).

Could someone type up some instructions? I'm pretty sure I got everything worked out, but it never hurts to have a reference guide.

Here ya go,,,,Courtesy of my site ;)
1.Dissconnect the negative terminal from your battery.
2.Start of by removing the stock air box which you can get some excellent instructions from the http://www.b15sentra.net site under the free-air box mod.
3.Once that is off you can take the first section of the tube and slide it on to your throttle body and connect all of you hoses to it...
4.Then connect the AFM adapter plate to the end of the first section of the pipe.
5.Connect the stock AFM to the adapter plate...
6.Connect all the sensor plugs..
7.Use the dremel to open up the whole large enuff for the pipe to fit properly and use some sort of a gasket to put around the rough edges of the section you just cut to prevent scratching to the CAI pipe.(I used a piece of black rubber hose that I cut one side down the middle and placed around the whole).
8.Put the filter on the end of the pipe..(i found this to be alot easier).
9.I slide the last pipe up threw the hole with the filter on to make it go on alot easier cause there isn't alot of room to manouver around in there where the filter is.
10.Pull the tube up from the hole and slide it on to the stock MAF.
11.Attach the last sensor in the hole on the side of the intake pipe.
12.then tighten everything up.
13.Reconnect the negative terminal on the battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts