B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just made the move this afternoon, I was finally able to find a dealer in Montreal with the proper size for my SE !!!

I put the Kumho Ecsta 712!!! WONDERFUL tires compare to the OEM POS of Firestone...

They seems to follow the road grooves more than the stock, but they are not noisy and the cornering, IWOW, feel like I'm driving a different car!!

Amazing how 4 new tires can make a day a special one!!!:D

G

·
Great! It is amazing what a difference a set of tires can make. Are you planning on running the firestones in the winter, or do you have a dedicated set of snow tires?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO, thank God!!! I already purchased last winter a set of Altima wheels and mounted a set of WT on them. I don't know how bad is the weather in CO., but we got bitter cold and lot of snow here in Montreal!!!

I had the Firestone for 3 days last february, and got almost off-road 3-4 times, and I'm used to drive in the snow, drifting while using my left foot for braking(like in rally, I've done some already).

I think you have the Kumho too, do you like them? I'm planning for a cool ride tomorrow!!!!:D

BTW, I like oyur signature about the clearlights.....:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
guy_geo said:
Well, I just made the move this afternoon, I was finally able to find a dealer in Montreal with the proper size for my SE !!!

I put the Kumho Ecsta 712!!! WONDERFUL tires compare to the OEM POS of Firestone...

They seems to follow the road grooves more than the stock, but they are not noisy and the cornering, IWOW, feel like I'm driving a different car!!

Amazing how 4 new tires can make a day a special one!!!:D
What size tires did you end up getting, as I've seen both 205/50/16 and 205/55/16 mentioned? I guess it's all about whether you want it a little over or a little under the stock diameter.

So you would recommend the Kumhos? I was looking into those as replacements myself, as everyone seems to say that they are amazing for the prices. How sad is that, I'm excited about getting new tires? :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a fellow Canadian (unless you a separtist?) - where did you get them here and how much in our funny multi-coloured currency?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey EbonySE....I picked up a set of 17" 712's in March for $700 tax included. I got them in Pickering from a place called "Smooth Image Motorsports".
They are really great tires for the money and will completely transform the ride of your car. The Firestone's are so bad that even the 45 series Kumho's ride way better than the 55 series Firestone's. As someone else mentioned though, they love to track the grooves in the road, so you have to be ready to correct your steering on uneven roads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
!!!!

Hi Guy !!! what did you do with the old firestones ??? do you know a good place where i could get 15 inch rims for winter, allready have winter kumhos, just need rims....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just did mine last Friday. I got exact same tires and size. Very very good 200 mile impression. These things grip very very well for a tire that Ive read last pretty well. Huge Aqua Channel in middle which you would think wouldn't help dry grip but no problesm so far.

Downfalls-
A very little bit rougher riding(34psiFront 30psiRear)
Grab grooves a little.
Show Suspension tuning is shitty.

Pros-
Way better overall grip which our car wasn't horrible at stock(Member R&T got .84 g's) If they got .84 with the firestones . I feel I could pull .87-.89 are if my seat of pants calculator means anything. Also after I install springs and struts(I Know), baby gonna corner!!!

I can't believe how much better the steering is. I track dead straight and on-center feel was a nice improvement.

Very quiet-Different but comparable to the Firstones.

I been feeling allot better about my car with alll buyers remorse gone and now a good handling car.

That crappy feeling left right sloppiness is reduced and now its the suspension that wallows and not the tires(Thats better)

Better looking-Not P-Zeros but very aggressive tread pattern and decent Sidewall.

The rason I got tires was because I got a huge screw in sidewall and couldn't get myself to ACTUALLY BUY A FIRESTONE!!
I am sure their are a million other nicer tres but at 78 bucks a piece, I am very happy so far.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BOND, ARE U COMING FOR THE PICTURE??? It's the Festival de Jazz in Mtl BTW!!!!

Try to find some rims coming from ALTIMAS, they are the ones who fitt on our car.

I paid 690$ at a Kumho dealer not far from home, all included + garantie hasard de route.

No, I'm not a separatits, tired of hearing people talking about that!!!:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts