B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
?????
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in a while because I just got some new toys that I have been playing with. I got a HP iPAQ 2215 with a bluetooth GPS Navigation setup. Here are pics of it in my car:

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
both of my bosses have one of those running off of their Palm T3's. they love it. its a great alternative to the really expensive in-dash factory units. what did that set you back, about $600 total for the iPaq and GPS puck/software?

·
?????
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The iPAQ was $350 and the GPS was $239. So yeah, $600. I love this option also, because the iPAQ does more than GPS. It's my MP3 player, my movie player, my address book, calendar, Nintendo, and my home theater remote. Best of all, it's all wireless!! I love it!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not directly related, but where did you get the mount for your PDA at? I want to mount mine for datalogging, but can not find a sturdy mount to hold the unit during track days. The one you have looks pretty good. Does it mount solid enough to survive driving?

Dan

·
?????
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Silver_Slug said:
Not directly related, but where did you get the mount for your PDA at? I want to mount mine for datalogging, but can not find a sturdy mount to hold the unit during track days. The one you have looks pretty good. Does it mount solid enough to survive driving?

Dan
It holds on too well!! I only have one mount to use in 2 cars and can be a pain to remove. It attaches itself to the vents with little hooks. They also make windshield, cup holder, and dashboard mounts. The last option actually uses the bolt on the passenger's seat to hold the "gooseneck" arm in place. It's made by Arkon. Their website is www.arkon.com. I actually got it from Amazon for $18, but you can buy it direct from Arkon for $19. Shipping is probably about $6.

I've seen other mounts made by Seidio at www.seidio.com. Those are supposed to be good too. Both manufacturers also make powered mounts with built-in speakers if you need that. Those run between $50 to $90.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts