B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO its been a good week for my spec. Installed my Nismo rear anti-sway bar, OBX header, and today installed the ES MM inserts.

RSB
-damn this is a nice piece and only took me about 45 minutes to install it by myself. Really the install took no time, but adjusting the thing is tough. I have it set to about 50% stiff. Unfortunately I couldnt get the matching Nismo FSB installed cause I couldnt get the stock bar out :(. Car handles much better, less body roll and feels more confident in a turn. Have yet to get the backend to brak loose, but I am lookin for a more neutral feel anyway, hence why I didnt se it at 100% stiff.

OBX Header
-Not a bad install at all. Took my about 4 hours to install by myself and this was with me kinda just hanging out and not really working very fast. Need have to run and get a friend to help me get the belt off/on the alternator. But everything else was easy to do by myself. Also be sure to have a deep socket for the header stud nuts. ALmost stripped one trying to get it off with a closed wrench....scary. Havent relocated the 2nd O2 sensor yet, need to get the bung welded on this week. Performance wise the there is def. some hp gains but I am guessing since I still have stock exhaust its not as good as it could be. Sounds fine, raspy a little but not bad at all. Cool gold color too once it heated up..very trick.

ES MM
-These were cake. Followed the instructions on the VBoard and did the whole install in under an hour by myself. Using some KY on the rear mount to get it back it worked wonders and it was not hard to get into position at all. I supported the front of the subframe with a jackstand (placed right behind the jacking point, domed part) and this held it nice and high while I got all the rear bolts in place. I was kinda worried about stating the car up after reading so many peopl saying the vibrations are bad. But I can barely even notice them with my system on (and I have no subs..just good comps). Turned the AC on and they increased but still not to a level that bothered me. The mounts make the car feel much more solid, shifts smoother, and oddly enough seems not to roll as much through turns (might be my imagination) Not often I drag race so havent tried to smoke the wheels but mayb later tonight I'll give it a try.

Well thats my info and impressions. Slowing but surely getting more confidence working on my own car, all of these were firsts for me, never worked on any car before. But I am having alot of fun doing it. Thanks all, couldnt have done any of this without all the info I'v gained from this site.

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
The RSB is a very good mod. I don't have the FSB, but my guess is that once you do, you'll lose some of that neutral feeling and may have to reset the RSB to compensate. Also, once you drop the car, the RSB would have to be reset also. I got the LTB and RSB and after putting both on the car felt very neutral. But after putting on the Eibach Pro Kit, I started getting a lot of understeer due to the lower center of gravity. That's why it's a good thing those are adjustable! Congrats and good luck with the rest of the installs.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
nicely done. where'd you get the OBX header? i got mine from Danny on the vboard.

did you have that problem with fingerprints on the header? because once the car's been running for a bit you can see them, they're purple.

i personally like to install a mod by itself so i can get the full feeling of the mod. but hey all at once saves time!

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
yea, i havent really felt ne vibrations from the mm's at all, only a lil when the ac is on, and even those arent that bad at all....

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, my OBX header waas from Danny. Also have the fingerprints, hoping to find someway to clean the header, actually ned to clean my whole engine bay.

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
piknockout said:
But after putting on the Eibach Pro Kit, I started getting a lot of understeer due to the lower center of gravity.
Actually anytime you drop the car the front has more toe IN, which contributes to more understeer. You want zero toe or very slight toe out, this is why an alignment is so key after lowering.

Hey Gandalf - what are you going to do about the FSB? I remember a couple on here saying it took hours before finally getting it out, even a shop that put it on someone's car said it was a royal PITA. Let us know what happens or if you're putting it off for a while.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm really not sure to tell the truth. Gonna run by Nissan tomorrow maybe and see what they quote me to have them put it in. If the price isnt right I'm gonna try again. Someone said that removing the steering rods (not sure if thats the right term) gave them enough clearance to remove the stock bar without removing the steering clamps. Truthfull I need t get an O2 bung welded on mny exhaust first and still have to reinstall my lower tie bar (took it off to install the MMI). I'll def. get those two things done first anyway. If I do figure a way to do it I will let everyone know (write-up or such). I figure if I go get a 20" extension for my 1/2" socket then I can reach the steerin clamp bolts from above in the engine bay....may be my only option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts