B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Ground Control this morning and talked to someone there. He said that they would have a coil-over setup for us in production in 2-3 weeks. From now till then he says that they are "R+D'in them." I so cannot wait to get some coil-overs from GC. I plan on getting the coil-overs as well as the adjustable camber plates. He also said that the coil-over setup would run ~$399!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
How good are the ground control's verce the Intrax's i'm $399 are they any good?????

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Wow, not bad! I'll be in on it once I know that they are ready to ship. :)

Now, the STB doesn't work with that setup. Another post suggests that Eibach or Courtesy's STB will work with the camber plates, am I correct?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
It may work, you may just have to notch the camber plates slightly to get it to work. We won't really know till somone tries though. :(

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david:
It may work, you may just have to notch the camber plates slightly to get it to work. We won't really know till somone tries though. :(

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well David, if I end up getting the GC setup, I'll definitely do what I can to get a STB back on there. Looking at the research that I've done on a true coilover setup, I'm still not sure what I'm going to end up going with.

So...I'll ask this for the record, and since I'm not that sure, what's is the GC setup?? Is it actually a "true" setup? Why's the price so low compared to the B+G?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Original Mr Sentra:

So...I'll ask this for the record, and since I'm not that sure, what's is the GC setup?? Is it actually a "true" setup? Why's the price so low compared to the B+G?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ground control setup is a collar setup. You put a threaded collar over the shock.

True coilover systems are threaded on the actual shock body.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david:
The ground control setup is a collar setup. You put a threaded collar over the shock.

True coilover systems are threaded on the actual shock body.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>how durable are they compared to a true coil-over setup????

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 7 of 7 Posts