B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while I have'nt post here due in part my lack of time but also because I've been more active on my local board (www.npclub.com).

Anyway, now time has come to say good-bye because my Spec V will be gone in 2 days.

Not because it give me trouble, it goes A-1 technicaly. But with only 1 car in the family, as a new house owner and as a future dad (my gf now being pregnant of 13 weeks), our daily driver became less friendly for lots of things. Yes it's a 4-door but the trunk is still not so large for lots of things, rear seats are low and hard to reach for hooking up a baby, confort and suspension is maybe too stiff too (specially for our ugly Quebec road).

So, while I still have some time for myself before the baby, I (we) decided to change car. SUV, minivan and even intermediate-to-big cars where not really an option, as they are too big for our need, drink too much and drive and response not as well as a pump-up compact. After all, if I'm giving away the Spec V, we did still want some driving pleasure, including manual transmission.

Small-to-mid size wagon was in sight... my gf previous rental was a Mazda Protegé5 that we miss, except maybe for the engine power... (still with a WAI it was cool to drive!)

After lots of look around, auto salon and test drive, my choice finally stop on the Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon. Sure I would have love the WRX Wagon or even the 2.5i SE model (more options), but the price and rate on the regular 2.5i where really agressive and would help be to finance the Spec V balance at a lower rate to be in the same payment range.

And more, my dealer (John Scotti Subaru in Montreal) did found me a real luck... A brand new 2007 2.5i manual that I've been ordered in September 2006 but which was never claim. The drawback is that I loose 6 months of warranty but mileage is a brand new 12km only and I got almost 2000$ less for it.

I'm sure we gonna love the new Impreza, power and handling is very good, trunk space is enourmous (the 2nd biggest of small wagon after the ugly Focus Wagon), confort is great (02-03 WRX style seats), suspension just ok for ugly road and stiff response when pushed to the max and look, well for a wagon, IMO looks very good. See for yourself!

Full Gallery:
http://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.asp?WebSiteID=282&WebPageID=6175&Range=Impreza&ModelYear=2007#

2.5i SE Wagon

2.5i Wagon

So, on next Thursday I will be the owner of this brand new 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon manual in nautica blue, pack up with couples of options (Remote starter, tinted windows, fog lights and trunk roll blind) and of course, I'm giving the Spec V in exchange.

So almost 5 years after and two B15 behind, farewell b15sentra.net :( I will try to keep an eye from time to time to the board and answer my thread revival :p

I would also like to thank you all the b15sentra.net community and specially David, CowboyDren, chimmike and adc100 for all their precious advises back in the time I was a total car newbie with my previous GXE ;)

And of course StreetRacer and Paraskass for all the hilarious launghing moments :D

Long life to b15sentra.net :cool:

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
angel2167882 said:
I would also like to thank you all the b15sentra.net community and specially David, CowboyDren, chimmike and adc100 for all their precious advises back in the time I was a total car newbie with my previous GXE ;) :
Good luck. Stop in once in a while. Later
Al (adc100)

·
Registered
715 Posts
second member to go spec to scoobie, nice car though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
blackb15 said:
Umm, there's a hell of a lot more of them than just two.:p
meant to write this week lol my b

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I almost forgot to talk about security... of course it's a symetric and 50/50 AWD (too bad winter almost finished), 4-discs brake with 2-piston front caliper, 4-channel ABS, EBD, 4 air bags, passive head rest, a solid embedded arc safety cage and the dead spot are also minimal for a wagon.

It become more real now, yesterday I did put the car back to stock parts including CAI, SS, headunit, speakers, 17" summer wheels and K/S relocation... felling sad a bit :( But tomorrow is the day!

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's some pictures of my new ride :)

At the dealership... don't be fool, John Scotti Subaru is the "cheapest" brand they carry :p www.johnscotti.com

A great car for a great upcomming family (GF is 12 weeks pregnant)

Under another angle

Wow, hood is taller than me!

Already looking to find the BTDC timing

Maybe a little too serious on this one

The Suburu already on one of his favorite surface, gravel ;)

SRI or CAI already in the mod list to come, plus some audio workout too and maybe 17" wheels (next year probably).

I did also suscribe to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, looks like to be a great board!
www.nasioc.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.