B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well working on getting my turbo in next month. Consisting of some of the following, T25 Turbo, spearco Intercooler, blow off valve from an RX-7 turbo, gauges, new injectors from a Primera DET engine, Primera high end intake cams, ecu upgrade, etc..........more info within the next couple of weeks to come.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
chinoworld said:
u own a set of katanas and ur going turbo next month?
What's this supposed to mean? I met Brandon, and he's definitely really serious about getting it done. There'a a bunch of guys down here that are going to help custom fabricate a turbo and do some tweaking of their own for him. So, you all will see soon.

Why does it seem like people have to prove something to someone around here? I can't wait till he actually starts the project. Good luck Brandon!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanx Original Mr. Sentra for your backup. Hey chinoworld I thought that this site is for people with sentras to support others NOT BE HATERS.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mvpinoy01SE said:
Well working on getting my turbo in next month. Consisting of some of the following, T25 Turbo, spearco Intercooler, blow off valve from an RX-7 turbo, gauges, new injectors from a Primera DET engine, Primera high end intake cams, ecu upgrade, etc..........more info within the next couple of weeks to come.
the Primera uses roller cams?? and they fit our year???
is the T25 off a bluebird or a GTiR or something? are you planning on runnning the 97 ecu? more details please

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the Primera uses roller cams?? and they fit our year???
is the T25 off a bluebird or a GTiR or something? are you planning on runnning the 97 ecu? more details please [/B]

Im still workin out all the details but here is what I know so far, first off the T25 is off the Bluebird, then the manifold will be off a DET engine, the intercooler will be made by Spearco, 370cc injectors, blow-off valve from an RX-7 turbo, a Cobra Maf, and custom piping, The cams are gonna be from a 91 Primera engine also. About the ecu, still workin on that, the 97 ecu will not work with our engines if we do use the 97 ecu then check engine light will come on and the turbo will probably just be f*^cked up. But that is all I know for right now. Still workin with some of my boys to find out what else we can do before we install next month. I will update as soon as I do a little more tweaking and I get more info.

·
Registered
778 Posts
yea...like SDsr20de858 said, will the cams fit?? im not really sure if those are also roller rockers. but hey, i think this whole hybrid turbo thing is cool, keep us informed. peace out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can swap ECU's without the check engine light coming on. I suggest you search SE-R.net as it has been done before.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
mvpinoy01SE I suggest you do some research.

First off the bluebird runs a det engine. The t25 and manifold come off that engine.

The 91 Primera cams I am pretty sure weren't roller rockers so that won't work in less you swap the whole top end which is possible.

As for piping that is going to have to be all custom.

And yes you can use the '97 ecu. Talk to JWT, they will do it for you, you are going to have too do some wire splicing and swap the egr solenoid, and the rear O2 sensor, as well as unplugging the evap sensor. That is going to be your best bet for controlling the fuel flow for that turbo.

Btw depending the boost that you are going to run, which isn't going to be really anything above 10psi you aren't going to be pushing enough boost that you need the cobra maf. The stock maf is good till 200hp or so.

You are also forgetting some other very important things, such as the clutch, which does need to be swapped. The motor mounts really should be done as well.

Like was suggested in other comments, read the se-r list archives. There is a wealth of info there that you need to do this project.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Thanks for the heads up people. I'm going to help him with all the research for the turbo. This man is real serious. Let's do this Brandon, I know we can do it. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys thanx for the suggestions and that is all taken into consideration. Still doing research on the t25 possibly the t28 from an eclipse. Motor mounts will possibly either come from Place racing or JWT. But again like I said to doin research and trust me the project will be done. All I need is help from you all in info and luck so wish me luck peepz.

·
Registered
21 Posts
91 Primera does not have roller rockers! Dont worry about the cams if you are goin FI anyway, unless you are looking to creat a race only car that will be expected to run 10s. Which I dont think is what you are planning since you are going with a small turbo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NISMOrob said:
91 Primera does not have roller rockers! Dont worry about the cams if you are goin FI anyway, unless you are looking to creat a race only car that will be expected to run 10s. Which I dont think is what you are planning since you are going with a small turbo.
hey thanx for the answer appreciate the help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey thanx still doin more research on the ecu problem if any suggestions please let me know thanx

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
ecu problem

Here is how you deal with the ecu problem. I already said it previously. You are going to also need a '97 harness, and the wire diagrams for both the '97 and '00.

david said:
And yes you can use the '97 ecu. Talk to JWT, they will do it for you, you are going to have too do some wire splicing and swap the egr solenoid, and the rear O2 sensor, as well as unplugging the evap sensor. That is going to be your best bet for controlling the fuel flow for that turbo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts