B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan doesn't seem very motivated to repair my car. Just talked to Nissan Headquarters and they said they would "research" the issue. And now my temp gauge quit working. Is the temp gauge ECU driven or mechanical? I am wondering if my car is slowly starting to die.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
If nissan is doing the temp gauge the same way which I expect they are its a 2 part process. There is two senders. One goes to ecu to control the fans. Then there is a seperate signal which goes to the gauge in your dash. It has no affect on the car other than a reading on your dash which is pretty much useless. They may have changed this on the qr25 but I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm getting a new ECU as well, but mine is related to the recall. I never had a problem with my car throwing codes UNTIL I did the recall, now it keeps saying I have a bad O2. Well, Nissan replaced my O2 and now its throwing the code again. They checked it with a voltage meter and everything is cool so they called Nissan NA and they didn't know what is wrong so they are sending me a preprogrammed ECU. Hopefully it'll be here this week. It'll be 2 weeks on Saturday.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jpalm said:
I'm getting a new ECU as well, but mine is related to the recall. I never had a problem with my car throwing codes UNTIL I did the recall, now it keeps saying I have a bad O2. Well, Nissan replaced my O2 and now its throwing the code again. They checked it with a voltage meter and everything is cool so they called Nissan NA and they didn't know what is wrong so they are sending me a preprogrammed ECU. Hopefully it'll be here this week. It'll be 2 weeks on Saturday.
That is the exact same issue I am having. The Service Manager at Courtesy Nissan said that the ECU's are burning through in some spots.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i can feel your pain my car has been at nissan for 7 weeks. they are paying some car payments and whatnot but its still crazy. i had to withdrawl from college because they can't give me a rental im not 21.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Oh, I'm driving my car, just with the SES light on non-stop. They said the car is running fine, no problems, just the ECU throwing the code. My car does feel a little rough at idle though and occasional feels as if it might stall. Whatever......Nissan did it, like I said....it ran perfectly fine UNTIL the recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts