B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1.8S I am not looking to do anything crazy I just want to get a little more of that gocart feeling (civic). Bang for the buck what are the best mods w/o loseing that stock look

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
what did you just say??? errr... nismo stickers, Type R or GT R badges... umm CF Gas Door... Neons... TV's... 300 lbs worth of stereo... ///\\\\ ... header intake exhaust... cams... safc... pulley... nitrous... clutch... flywheel... go-cart... wut????

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
Stonyboy said:
I just got a 1.8S I am not looking to do anything crazy I just want to get a little more of that gocart feeling (civic). Bang for the buck what are the best mods w/o loseing that stock look

:confused: ummm I don't mean this in a bad way or anything but.... why didn't you just buy a civic if that's what you wanted? :confused:

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
what feelin from a go-cart?? acceleration, cornering, sitting 1/4 inch off the ground???

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Stonyboy said:
Handling, I could care less about speed (at the moment)
suspension items
1. TEIN basic
2. lower tie bar
3. rear stabilizer bar
4. NISMO bushing kit
5. front tower strut bar
6. 16" lightweight wheels with good tires

that should be about $2K there.... :D

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
OkToBeR said:
suspension items
1. TEIN basic
2. lower tie bar
3. rear stabilizer bar
4. NISMO bushing kit
5. front tower strut bar
6. 16" lightweight wheels with good tires

that should be about $2K there.... :D
id say more than 2k there :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help I cant waite to get started. . . from searching the forums the megain strut bar is the first . . . is there a 1.8 CAI that prevents hydroclocking?

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
When you install the CAI, you will realize how extremely difficult it would be to hydrolock your engine.....I've driven through tons of puddles and never a problem, Mass roads in boston aren't the greatest for draining :)

·
Hater
907 Posts
I gotta question whether it's even possible to make a Sentra have that go-cart feeling.

I know my Spec V on brand new Kumhos despite being stiffer, having quicker turn-in, lower profile tires, a sport-tuned suspension and less body roll, still can't carry anywhere near the same speeds through turns as my 9 year old Prizm on 35K mile old - Kumhos. Turns that the Geo laughs through at 48mph make the Spec V squeamish and darty at 41mph. Our '01 GXE is a softer sprung dose of the same behavior.

I think the delta might just be a "feel" thing, and if I were white-knuckled enough I might be able to get the Spec V to handle at least somewhere in the vicinity as well as the Geo...but I sure as hizzy am not risking putting a 15k car in a ditch to verify. I'm || close to mailing Nissan a dictionary with the words "confidence" and "inspring" highlighted and circled...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I had been initially upset with the handling of the Spec, but I took it easy and got used to how the car reacts on my favorite corners and I adapt my driving to it. I recently installed the Eibach stabilizer bar set and it has helped stabilize that ugly body roll the Spec is burdened with in stock form.
Unfortunately I think we can all agree that the independent suspension set up on the original SE-R was a far better set up and going cheap and placing a minivan set up under the rear was a dumb decision.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Koni yellows and GC coilovers.
Get the rear beam bent so you have 1/8" toe out.
Get the front toe set to 1/8" toe out.

That will definitely feel like a go-kart. You could also start stripping out the interior to make it lighter :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts