B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bringing up this topic again,,,it was lost in transit.....

But I have a few scratches on my drivers window for road sand and salt and I was wondering if there is anything to do to get these out?????any info is appreciated.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
312 Posts
If they are not deep, and you don't mind
using a little elbow grease, go to your local hardware store and ask for a product
called Brasso (Braso, Brazo). It's a super
mild metal polish that works fantastic on
glass.

I noticed that our windshields seem a bit
"soft," just like the paint.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI, Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (rear)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll have to give it a shot cause with the tint on they are just sticking out like a sore thumb,,,,if that doesn't work then i'm gonna get it replaced.....thanks for the info though...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

***My Website***

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Ya, I have a scratch on the right rear when a rock seems to have kicked off the right front tire. It's not deep, and wasn't noticable until I had the windows tinted. It looks light enough to be buffed out.

If UtahJ's suggestion doesn't work, try calling a glass shop for help.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got a deep but small hole on my front driver side window. It is like 2cm long. I'm worry that it will get worest. any suggestion on what I should do about it ?? cuz I don't want to replace the hold thing.. It cost alot .. just wonder .. warrently doesn't cover that rite ???

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rho2:
I got a deep but small hole on my front driver side window. It is like 2cm long. I'm worry that it will get worest. any suggestion on what I should do about it ?? cuz I don't want to replace the hold thing.. It cost alot .. just wonder .. warrently doesn't cover that rite ???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No unfortunetly the warranty doesn't cover that but you should be able to go to a glass place and they might be able to fix that.

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in my hands ready to be put on)......

***My Website***

·
Registered
25 Posts
you can try steel wool oo type if the scratches arent to deep they sell kits for minor repairs too....just my .o2 cents

------------------
1991 SENTRA XE 5SPD
OPENFILTER MOD,BOSCH PLAT+4 PLUGS,A/C BELT DISCOUNTED

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UtahJ:
If they are not deep, and you don't mind
using a little elbow grease, go to your local hardware store and ask for a product
called Brasso (Braso, Brazo). It's a super
mild metal polish that works fantastic on
glass.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i use that on my zildijan and sabian cymbols. works great. on glass, huh? hmm, have to try that.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

1 - 8 of 8 Posts